NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know anyone that has a bazooka lol. I've talked to people who've seen it in action who aren't on TNet and they said it didn't look like it worked that well. So I'm kind of torn between the two. Also heard a story about a guy who didn't clean his out good enough and when he got home he was finding gold in the back of his truck..

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're welcome to try out mine.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't go wrong with a bazooka. But get the BIG one! <3

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmmm well I think I've made my final decision on the A52. I've watched some videos on the bazooka and I don't believe that you don't need to classify with it... When you're hunched over the sluice throwing larger rocks out after putting material in you are classifying. You're just classifying after you put it in the sluice. Then there's the issue if not being able to see what's happening with the gold you're catching or not catching or if you have or haven't caught any.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
whatever bazooka video you saw, they didnt have enough water flow for it. you dont have to do anything but shovel onto the plate, the water sends the rocks over the edge if you have the right flow.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm well I think I've made my final decision on the A52. I've watched some videos on the bazooka and I don't believe that you don't need to classify with it... When you're hunched over the sluice throwing larger rocks out after putting material in you are classifying. You're just classifying after you put it in the sluice. Then there's the issue if not being able to see what's happening with the gold you're catching or not catching or if you have or haven't caught any.

No, I'm not classifying with my bazooka. Ever. Thats the number one reason I got it. Classifying was making my fingers and hands hurt (Violin music goes here) for a week after an outing.
I set my bazooka up fast, which knocks all the rocks I put on it off. (Even the big ones)
Bottom line is you will move more dirt with the Bazooka. You have to trust your tools. (Even though I do, I test panned 3 outings in a row and saw nothing, so I quit doing that)

The only benefit I can think of with a Keene is at least you get to take a break and sit down to feed it. :D
With a bazooka, all you do is shovel. Shovel shovel shovel.

Edit:
Please note that I too have a keene, it rides along but never gets used unless by a sluiceless friend :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well.. I suppose the people on here saying good things about outnumbers the bad things I've heard. Maybe I'll just buy one to see what it's like. I'm kind of curious to test it myself now.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.. I suppose the people on here saying good things about outnumbers the bad things I've heard. Maybe I'll just buy one to see what it's like. I'm kind of curious to test it myself now.
I have never heard anything bad about them.
I have heard of once you go bazooka you never go back!
Also when people get a bazooka, all other sluices hang on the garage wall or are sold!
Unless of course.. like me and find LOW water flow creeks.

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have never heard anything bad about them.
I have heard of once you go bazooka you never go back!
Also when people get a bazooka, all other sluices hang on the garage wall or are sold!
Unless of course.. like me and find LOW water flow creeks.
I'm in the same boat as you with the low flow creeks most of the time. I'm starting to expand to the rivers though. Heading out tomorrow to try sluicing the spot i tried last year to see if it's still putting out that shiny stuff!

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NuggetN8 Should you buy one and are unhappy with it, I'm sure you could sell it very easily for just about what you have in it. You hardly ever see a used one for sale.

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says it is. If it is than I should make my money back in a day or two if my spot is still good. When I was down there the first time most of my time was taken up by classifying. If the catch in the bazooka completely filled with black sand do you think fines would be spilling over as well? Or would it actually go down under the black sand?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I'm hoping it's as good as everyone says it is. If it is than I should make my money back in a day or two if my spot is still good. When I was down there the first time most of my time was taken up by classifying. If the catch in the bazooka completely filled with black sand do you think fines would be spilling over as well? Or would it actually go down under the black sand?

N8 Which model are you thinking of? I started with the supermini and it worked great but the trap is smaller and I would dump mine after about two fivers. I now have a prospector and that has the bigger trap and can hold a lot more ( like all day more). If you are running sand only it will probably load up with black sand quickly. If your are running normal material I have found that the small gravel gets through the grizzlies and because of the various sizes and shapes make voids in the trap and the fluidizing action sweeps anything light and allows the gold to settle in. Good flow helps this and it does catch fines. Once you try it you will wonder what took you so long.

OP
OP
NuggetN8

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
N8 Which model are you thinking of? I started with the supermini and it worked great but the trap is smaller and I would dump mine after about two fivers. I now have a prospector and that has the bigger trap and can hold a lot more ( like all day more). If you are running sand only it will probably load up with black sand quickly. If your are running normal material I have found that the small gravel gets through the grizzlies and because of the various sizes and shapes make voids in the trap and the fluidizing action sweeps anything light and allows the gold to settle in. Good flow helps this and it does catch fines. Once you try it you will wonder what took you so long.
I ordered the 1st size on the prospector. I think it's the 30" one. I'll have to watch some videos to make sure I know how to set it up properly.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_2738.JPG

THey are forgiving on setup. They are unforgiving and making sure they are rocked in/down.

IMG_1609.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will not be disappointed, great choice.

You in the butter zone now baby!
10418.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread