Question

hav2fish

Sep 14, 2006
I have a question I hope someone can help me with even though I don't have a photo. A friend wants to trade me a rock for some old fishing lures. The rock in question I believe to be some type of artifact. It is about 16 to twenty inches long and is the shape of a peanut. It has "what to me" is obvious wear in the middle as if it was rolled over something consistently ( maybe for grinding). I know the area he found it in and have found many artifacts here myself. I'm in Central Texas as a point of reference. Rock? Tool? Ancient petrified five pound peanut? any help is greatly appreciated as these are pretty good fishing lures.

Upvote 0

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Well, if you like the rock and it's worth the lures to you its a good trade.

If you are trying to trade for something of equal monetary value, it would be hard to say without seeing it.

Everything is worth only what someone else will pay for it.

Good luck.

Burt

schlooppy

Dec 22, 2005
Kansas City, Mo.
I cant remember what they are called but I have seen them in books, they are sandal molds for weaving sandals. Maybe this could be what it is, a picture would definitely help.

John

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Here's some rocks I found last year.

artifacts.jpg

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
hav2fish said:
I have a question I hope someone can help me with even though I don't have a photo. A friend wants to trade me a rock for some old fishing lures. The rock in question I believe to be some type of artifact. It is about 16 to twenty inches long and is the shape of a peanut. It has "what to me" is obvious wear in the middle as if it was rolled over something consistently ( maybe for grinding). I know the area he found it in and have found many artifacts here myself. I'm in Central Texas as a point of reference. Rock? Tool? Ancient petrified five pound peanut? any help is greatly appreciated as these are pretty good fishing lures.
i sure love the indian artifacts more myself so i pic the indian artifact.i sure injoy central tx artifact hunting also.i found a few bingo lures along the beaches here in rockport area should have kept them.not sure what your peanut is no pic,lol.i'm sure some kind of grinding tool.tell him to throw in a few more artifacts in, some lures are not cheep.

Attachments

• luckyy.jpg
    luckyy.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 169
  • luckyy.jpg
    luckyy.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 169

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread