fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No experience with that machine but I wouldn't think it should bother it. DEF wearing that switch out lol. Even if you got another machine around it, it will just get chatty on ya.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Simplex booklet says, “Do not let another detector or an electromagnetic device come in close proximity (10m {30ft.}) to the device.”
Dos this include handheld pin pointers? I take it that it does. I always shut off my Simplex before using the other tool. The on/off switch gets a lot of work some days. Just wondering. Thanks
Yep its basically talking about EMI or detector cross talk. No need to keep turning machine off & on. My 900 gets a bit chatty if you get the pin pointer too close.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Simplex booklet says, “Do not let another detector or an electromagnetic device come in close proximity (10m {30ft.}) to the device.”
Dos this include handheld pin pointers? I take it that it does. I always shut off my Simplex before using the other tool. The on/off switch gets a lot of work some days. Just wondering. Thanks
I have never noticed any kind of interference, but I'm not actually using both at the same time. I always set my Legend down to use my Garret pinpointer. And I turn the pinpointer off and on rather than the detector. If an on/off switch is going to wear out I would rather it be the least expensive one to replace. I mentioned the make and model only because as the man in the ads says, "Your results may vary". That being said, if another detector is in very close proximity, but not turned on, would it interfere?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread