greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Dose being blind let you feel everyone up?
Some advantages to a handicap.

I like the braille things on drive-up windows.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
BIG61AL said:
In the lunchroom at work is a sign that says "Maximum occupancy 140 persons". Directly under that is a translation in braille. Exactly how is a blind person going to know if there 140 people in the room?

He counts the footsteps and devides by 2

LOL
Thom

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
texastee2007 said:
you think that is bad? our pickup has cruz control ....the buttons to turn it on and off have it on them to.....think about it....I did and I don't think that is what cruz control is for..although if you have driven it California you would swear some of them are driving blind.

It wasn't always called "cruse controll".
At one time it was called "Auto pilot".

You can imagine the trouble that caused.
(Mostly with blond folks) LOL

Your blond friend,
Thom

S

stefen

The blind man could hold onto the leash and swing his Guide Dog in a circle and have a look around... :laughing9:

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I learned sign language as part of my work and was in the dentist chair once when he asked a question.
With a mouth full of foreign objects I could not speak well so I signed.
They asked if my hands hurt and why was I wiggling my fingers.

Another time I was in traffic court with my girlfriend who got a ticket, and saw a deaf/mute fellow I had worked with.
He had gotten a ticket for speeding on his motorcycle.
Asked me to tell him when he was called up.
I did and he walked in front of the judge and started writing on his pad while the judge was yelling at him.
Then handed judge the note with a smile, saying he had a friend who could tell him what was going on.
Judge called me up and I explained Chad could not hear or speak but I would help communicate.
Talk about blind justice... anyway, Chad pleaded guilty but judge would not accept that.
Sent him off for a trial or something where they were sure they were covered.
Never heard back about that.

Grey

S

stefen

I thought that the parking sign for the blind was hilarious so I sent a out a Memo and the feedback was even better...Memo as follows:

Dick,

We may have some major issues with the latest ADA Codes and Checklist Release as it pertains to the Rancho San Antonio Park and other future projects.

In researching the latest California Accessibility Reference Manual (2 ND Edition) CD-ROM, we will be required to identify and properly locate parking spaces and signage in accordance to Section No. 13 entitled Accessibility For Outdoor Occupancies.

Additionally, all interior signs including Directional, Restrooms, Occupancy Limits, Janitorial Closets, Vending Machines, and the like, shall also be highly visible and set in capitalized Braille.

A copy of this Design Memo has been forwarded to XXXXX Builders so they may incorporate these modifications into the project costs and value engineering.

A sample of the signage has been attached for your files.

Should you have any questions, please contact me direct.

Thank you.
Stefen

1. More excessive project costs
2. Why capitalized braille?
3. Blind sign same as ADA format?
4. %$#@ &*^^%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread