3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
My wife and I going heading to Nevada City CA next week and am curious about the area. I live in CO and pan/sluice here every summer and have been playing with my MXT learning nugget shooting(and have actually found a few small pickers!). Anyhow, I am curious if it would be worth bringing my toys? Is public access an issue in the area? Or is there much posted land prohibiting acces? I have no idea what to expect and am wondering if it would be worth bring my detector and sluice, etc.
Many thanks! 8)
3xflyfisher

Upvote 0

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Always bring the equipment, because you never know. Also, since I'm orginally from California, there's lots of public land to go to, just do some research.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right outside of Nevada City off Brunswick is the PURDONE CROSSING ROAD-follow out to the Yuba River Rec Area. Good all the way up to Nelson. BLM site has more info. Parking lot does have theft problems(everywhere now do to depression) anyhow go up or down a couple a hundred yards and work the low to hi water mark. It's just about impossible not to find great gold. The Yuba ancient river bed flows through this area and constantly puts more oro puro in place. We ran a 6" & 5" years ago and got righteous poundage BUT I believe the BLM has restricted dredging?? Anyhow-GO PLAY--IT'LL PAY-Tons a au 2 u 2-John :thumbsup:

S

stefen

Always bring the toys just in case...

However, be prepared for the potential for bad weather...there is a storm moving from SW to NNE up thru the central valley which could drop both rain and snow in that region beginning today or tonight.

Enjoy the scenery.

OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many thanks for the responses!
John, the area you mention is north of Nevada City, around the Purdon Bridge?
Google Earth images look awsome! I live in Golden CO and spend a fair amount of time working Clear Creek here and would like to get lucky and add some CA gold to my collection.
I have been watching the weather too. We leave on Friday this week and will be spending 4-5 days at Nevada City, am really looking forward to exploring some new country.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
3xflyfisher

OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B,
Originally Casper WY, but have lived in Golden for the past 15 years or so. We always travel with beverages(no drinking and driving though)!! You never know whom you might run into!
Regards,
3xflyfisher

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_sunny: PARTY ON-drive careful-we have a small front leaving on thursday/friday and the weather should be great !!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

OP
OP
3xflyfisher

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone,
We had an excellent trip, the weather cooperated, sunny and mid 50's all week. Didn't get enough time playing in the river though. We spent two afternoons exploring and panning and found slightly under a gram of fine Au. Definitely need to get back and spend more time on the water and working the detector rather than entertaining the inlaws :o
Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!
3xflyfisher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread