Questions about Chrysocolla....

C

Cappy Z.

I've met some real good people here in the Rocks and gems threads. One of them traded a small piece of Chrysocolla and Turquoise mix as seen here in the photo. The other rock I actually purchased last year off Ebay. I simply liked the colors at the time and really knew nothing about Chrysocolla. I know now the hardness on the MOH scale is about 2. Turquoise is about 6. The smaller piece I dremeled with a green aluminum carbide grit wheel and it is hard rock. I think more Turquoise than the other. I haven't attempted to grind the larger piece because it is so beautiful in its natural form. I am wondering however if it too might be a mix? Has anyone here ever worked with either stone? Has anyone here at TN ever purchased Chrysocolla finished stones or jewelry?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Attachments

• Chrysocolla.jpg 00013.jpg
    Chrysocolla.jpg 00013.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 277

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
Cappy, I haven't bought any, but I know a guy at one of our local fleamarkets that works with it all the time...He has some nice cabs for pendants and smaller pieces that could be mounted in rings, it does polish nicely.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Oh boy. I know its late here almost 10:37pm time for zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. But I have been dremeling away on this crushed Chrysocolla. It is absolutely beautiful. I am reposting a cropped pic of it from earlier. Take a look at those blues and greens. Makes me think of cold hard cash.

Attachments

• NewBlue0007.jpg
    NewBlue0007.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

sschsschsschsschsschssss.

Had the dremel out today....

Attachments

• Chrysocolla0077..jpg
    Chrysocolla0077..jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0
OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

isaidcolordidsomebodysaycolorwhosaidcolorwhatdoyoumeancolorigotnoproblmwithcolorwhohasproblemwithcolornotmecanyouseemycolorstoneicanseemycoloredstonewholikesmycoloredstone?

This why in America we have laws..otherwise things might not work as well.....

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread