Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Bunky211

May 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dump and take the loss when they count a few dimes as pennies. Today was actually around $5 short, maybe I missed a roll

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am currently trying to recover a $131 loss from the coin machine, dumped 3 boxes of dimes($750) and it counted $619 in dimes.... all i can do is call the bank every day and hope they make progress.

usernameerror

Apr 30, 2012
East Coast
Primary Interest:
Other
BuffaloBoy said:
i am currently trying to recover a $131 loss from the coin machine, dumped 3 boxes of dimes($750) and it counted $619 in dimes.... all i can do is call the bank every day and hope they make progress.

Good luck. I lost $100 in dimes that mysteriously "disappeared" in the machine. Bank wouldn't do anything. The machine company said all coins were accounted for.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a suggestion in a previous thread for dumping dimes to minimize loss if the machine counts it wrong. Separate the coins into $50 increments to dump with, and don't move on until you've verified that the machine counted correctly. If the count is off, stop dumping to minimize loss.

rfishoutofwater

Feb 11, 2011
PNW
Detector(s) used
garret 350
When I dump dimes I won't mix them with pennies. This way in i can keep track of the count. I had one dump that counted 10 dimes as pennies and I had no pennies to dump. Told the teller and she adjusted it right away. Now when I take coin in if there is a discrepancy they fix it no questions asked. Got to have a good relationship with your dump bank.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I re-roll cwr which I've said I'd never do. Easier than I thought. I've never manually counted one in over $100,ooo in dimeS. I hand them over in $500 bags and get cash immediately, never a complaint from CU or courier ever. Boxed dimes I take to the counter and have had them counted as cents at times. The machine has been spot on for the longest time tho.

OP
OP
S

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a box today and just rewrapped using rolls I got from the bank, they did say they took cwr. I hope they don't try hand counting I'd be there too long.

Eldar11

Mar 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the machine count a couple as pennies before, but my last dump I split it up and only 1 was counted as a cent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread