Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, pretty new here and am curious about the Equinox 800 and the wireless feature. I currently have the Garrett AT Max, with wireless headphones. I'm curious about Minelab's wireless headphones. The Minelab packages I see advertised shows the headphones AND the WM-08 wireless audio module. The Garrett has it's transmitter built into the unit, and I'm starting to think the Minelab does not. It seems as though the wireless module is outside the unit, is somehow connected to it, enabling the wireless transmission. Is this correct? This WM-08 is required use even on the 800?

I guess I got spoiled by the Garrett having it built in, so nothing is hanging around outside the unit. Anyone owning the Minelab 800 who can explain this to me, I'd greatly appreciate it. Also, are they interchangeable in as far as headphones, pointers detectors... can I use my Garrett headphones and pointer with the Minelab without any issues?

Thanks,
RussM

Last edited:

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Russ, Minelab bluetooth is built in on both the 600 & 800. The Equinox has a built in bluetooth transmitter, and comes with bluetooth headphones. The WM08 module is optional, you can use this to plug in any wired headphones you would like and is also faster than bluetooth. You can use any bluetooth headphones with the Equinox but for the best experience they should be APTX low latency headphones. The AT Max headphones will not work with the equinox because they are not bluetooth. You pinpointer will be fine to use with the equinox but if your asking if it will come through the headphones like they can do on the garrett zlink no they will not.

OP
OP
R

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much IS, so the Garrett is wireless, where the Minelab is bluetooth. The bluetooth for the 800 is incorporated inside the unit, much the same as the AT Max.
The module is included in the package for the sole purpose if you want to use wired headphones, where the Garrett charges extra for their module for wired headphones.

According to Garrett, the wireless system is a lot faster than bluetooth... is it that much faster, as to miss digging what your machine chimes out?

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks very much IS, so the Garrett is wireless, where the Minelab is bluetooth. The bluetooth for the 800 is incorporated inside the unit, much the same as the AT Max.
The module is included in the package for the sole purpose if you want to use wired headphones, where the Garrett charges extra for their module for wired headphones.

According to Garrett, the wireless system is a lot faster than bluetooth... is it that much faster, as to miss digging what your machine chimes out?

Hey Russ, no the APTX LL is plenty fast enough. I think the Zlink is 20 ms and the APTX LL is 40ms. Its very fast. The WM 08 is even faster.

Not exactly sure in the numbers but not fast enough for the Human ear to catch. Most people hunt with the minelab headphones or anything including earbuds that are APTX LL.

To me the Nox and Max are not even in the same league. I had the max and there are a few videos on my youtube ch using it. Just hated the crackling audio and sold it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

RussM

Oct 2, 2019
Sebastian, FL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
XP ORX

Garrett Carrot

XP MI6 Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again Iffy Signals, one last question... With the Garrett AT Max, their pro-pointer comes through the wireless headphones. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Minelab's pointer does NOT go through their bluetooth headphones, do they?

For that matter, is there a pointer out there that can be picked up with Minelab's bluetooth headphones?

Thanks!
Russ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions