Questions about the treasure pro

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep On Diggin

May 13, 2013
Columbia, SC
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Coinmaster GT, Technetics Delta, Eurotek Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dizit2,
I would proceed with caution. IMHO and as an owner of a brand new TMP, it is a well built machine but performs poorly. What I mean by that is that it audio is chatty and depth is very poor. 2-3" is about it. (Of course, what can one expect from a machine that is powered with 3v. (2 AA). Whites has produced some great products in its history, but they have done poorly in the entry level detectors the past few years. (IMHO of course.) Good luck with whichever you purchase!

JakeM

Greenie
Jan 16, 2016
Seacoast, NH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your results don't align with what any of the reviews have said, I think you should look at sending yours back to be looked at.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digzit2

Digzit2

Jan 2, 2016
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics t2 se,Deteknix X pointer angus mackirk explorer,keene a51a.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will stick to teknetics. Thank you.

markt67

Dec 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one the vdi would be in the 80s on nails it was all over and wouldn't stabilize. Sent it back to white .tested and recalibrated got it back worked about 5 min.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one the vdi would be in the 80s on nails it was all over and wouldn't stabilize. Sent it back to white .tested and recalibrated got it back worked about 5 min.

My Delta will sometimes give high readings in the 80's on old nails. It' caused by the oxidation (RUST) on the nails. Once you dig the plug and the air hits it the signal almost always drops right back down to the iron range. It's a common problem.

You gotta' be careful though. I recently dug a pretty nice IH in the middle of an iron pile that was ringing high. It was hiding right next to an old square nail. Sometimes those high signals are telling you the truth even where iron is present and if you choose not to dig you may miss a great target. I could have easily assumed it was just more iron and left that one in the ground.

I was actually looking at the TreasurePro for a little while but my gut told me to just stick with the Teknetics brand for my upgrade. I'm a little leery of machines that haven't been around for too long even though it looks like a nice machine for the money. IMO it's better to wait a year or two and see how well they actually perform in the field before jumping on it. Plus you can pick them up used by then and save a ton of money. I hate paying retail unless I have to.

I've seen few YouTube videos made by The Silverslingers (T'Net members) and they've used the TreasurePro in a few of them. It appears to perform very well for them where they use it. But again, I chose to stick with what I already know works well. If it ain't broke; don't fix it right??

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread