Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I already have an AT GOLD for use in the water but that has been taken over by the wife. We don't do water very much around here because the creek and river bottoms tend to be all rock or too rough for me to walk in any more. Swim beaches are very limited due to Corp of Engineers rules. My first class ring came from the waters of a state park lake (used a ACE 250 with a home made watertite box for the unit). Anyways, I still like to have the option of using the deus in water. I understand how the wire part works and that it can be used with the remote etc. I am struggling a little with the ear plug set up or the headset. I am seeing that the simple bag that XP uses with the remote is called "water resistant" and not water proof. Being somewhat crippled with my right foot, I tend to trip and fall because of it and that would not be a good thing while in the water with a water resistant bag protecting my remote. Is there any way to make it or use something else a little more protective for the remote? I am not planning on going under water to detect but the odds are pretty high that I will be under the water whether I meant to or not. So, I figure that some of you have already dealt with these issues. thanks for looking, all help is always appreciated.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
The Deus water kit should be all you need for wading and the occasional mishap and shallow water fall.
It is also the only one you can be using for the warranty to be honored.
Their kit is Submersible and rated to 5 Meters – 16 feet for wading, snorkeling or diving.
If my Deus was still under warranty this is the way I would go...
Mine isn't so I have a few other options that I use.
One of which is the Aryca Wave for the shallow stuff.

Last edited:

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is my second attempt to write this, lost the first time. I was a little confused as to how the ear buds gets the signal from the remote while inside the "zip lock " bag of the kit. I don't plan on doing anything to void the warranty on the deus, I am at the moment waiting on my remote to get back to me this Saturday from warranty work. I don't mean to ask redundant questions but I am a little slow at both retaining new info as well as remembering it (strokes do that to you) but I am better than I once was. I usually read and reread the various discussions numerous times trying to get it to soak in. It is hard to believe that I used to program and fix CNC machines for 18 years. Now, I miss spell every other word, sometimes I get all of the correct letters but out of order(computer helps correct me). So I really mean it when I say that I appreciate everyone's help and patience. I am constantly reminded (by the high school special needs kids) that I really don't have any problems. It can always be worse, a lot worse. thanks DL

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding how the sound is transmitted if the control box is in the XP waterproof case: There is a little wired headphone jack to plugs into the headphone jack on the controller inside the bag. The wired jack is connected to a receptacle that is accessible on the outside of the bag that you can plug the supplied waterproof wired earbuds into.

FWIW - The puck is completely submersible so you don't need to put it in a case, but I can't say the same for the headphones the puck is connected to but I don't think a little dip would be problematic for them (and they are cheap at <$20 if they fail - so you should still be able to use the wireless headphones even if the control box is in the case rather than absolutely having to plug in the waterproof earbuds to the bag.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Regarding how the sound is transmitted if the control box is in the XP waterproof case: There is a little wired headphone jack to plugs into the headphone jack on the controller inside the bag. The wired jack is connected to a receptacle that is accessible on the outside of the bag that you can plug the supplied waterproof wired earbuds into.

FWIW - The puck is completely submersible so you don't need to put it in a case, but I can't say the same for the headphones the puck is connected to but I don't think a little dip would be problematic for them (and they are cheap at <$20 if they fail - so you should still be able to use the wireless headphones even if the control box is in the case rather than absolutely having to plug in the waterproof earbuds to the bag.

Thanks, that helped quite a bit.

veemaxx

Dec 22, 2015
Raymond, Ne
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, BH Tracker 4, XP Deus, (CTX 3030 sold due to elbow pain)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been using the xp water kit, I stuff the waterproof bag under my hat with the ear buds shortened so they don't hang down and the antenna cable stuck under my hatband. It works well and keeps everything but the antenna wire out of my way. My hat looks like an Indiana Jones hat with a chin strap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread