Questions for infinity jet users

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want to build a 2 or 3 inch dredge using an infinity jet and find little information available online to give me some basic answers.

Stupid question #1. Does the infinity jet go on the intake end of the slurry suction hose like a regular nozzle or farther down the line closer to the sluice?

Stupid question #2. If I use a 2" trash pump, should I use a 2 or 3" suction inlet and hose for the slurry intake.

I'm sure I'll have more questions later but until I start building it I don't know what they'll be.

Thanks for the help....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
SQ#1 for optimum linear water flow ,the venture should be 10 times the diameter of the hose. but ive seen them shorter and still work ok! SQ#2 DONT use a trash pump for a dredge ! and on most pumps youll need a larger supply than the outlet . this is so that you wont starve out the pump! it sounds like youd be better off buying a used BUT not abused dredge if you want to get some dredgeing in this summer! otherwise youll probly end up like I did 17 years ago and have to keep fiddeling / modifying it to make it work somewhat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread