OP
OP
C

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woops, also I have seen some collections for sale if I buy do I need to get anything to prove they are legal?

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
We don't sell on this forum. No offense but most of us are collectors and in it for the hobby. Only charter members can sell in the classifieds forum. Private land is fine with permission.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Anything that is found on private property is okay to sell. So long as you sell them with a letter of provenience and specifically stating the date you found them is okay. date is very important. You might have a hard time selling them However, if you do have a buyer it's important for you to clearly tell them where they were found. If they still want them they are assuming the risk at that point.

Bsit...I dont think they were trying to sell things, but had a question about selling. It's probably a viable question that people might be interested in?

Hippy

Last edited by a moderator:

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Your right hippy. Just reread post. My bad. Be careful out there. Don't want a knock on the door from the man.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't say anything about government land finds. Or pics/post about human remains, and you should be good!! Just a safe reminder.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason I asked is I am making some jewelry and using some arrowheads and did not want to get in trouble either buying or selling. So sounds like if I personally find on private property its ok to buy or sell and if I buy from a private person get a letter stating were they were aquired and when is ok. Thank you for your replies.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only written permission on private property is allowed. That does not include any "navigateable" waterway.
Just be careful and best of luck to you.

Last edited:

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, with collections it is often guilty until proven innocent, or it takes more money and trouble than one can afford to fight that kind of "law". :walk:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread