Questions on the Ace 250

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my 250 for about a month now. I live in an old house and have been detecting the yard as well as parks and schools. I do fine finding clad. My question is in my yard I have found, besides tons of trash, one square nail and two 1920's wheaties, the rest is just clad. Now with those finds shouldn't I be finding some older silver coins as well? I guess I am just wondering if the Ace has the depth capability to find some of the older stuff.

Any tips would be great.

Thanks

The Ace is great for clad though, so far I have found 180 coins.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Only if they were dropped. I have detected many old homes and got no silver. If the original owners were poor, never raised a family, didn't invite friends over, or spend a lot of time in the backyard..........well, no coins. :icon_scratch:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
Only if they were dropped. I have detected many old homes and got no silver. If the original owners were poor, never raised a family, didn't invite friends over, or spend a lot of time in the backyard..........well, no coins. :icon_scratch:

I agree with this post. What you have to remember is that you are finding coins and older will sooner, or later come along. So keep in mind you are doing the right thing and finding coins, that is a good start.

Rifleman

Oct 1, 2007
I've searched a lot of old yards without finding silver. As others have said, it has to be there to find.
The last old yard I searched turned up a 1900 silver dollar, a couple of Merc dimes, the oldest a 1926 and some wheat pennies. I re searched it last week and only found newer pennies and dimes. I did a really good search the second time. The first time was not as an intensive search as the second.
They showed up on the detector as silver and just popped right out of the ground.
Trust your 250. If the silver is there, it will find it. Most coins are at less than 6" unless something changed the terrain and the 250 will go that deep on most coins depending if they are on end or in a more flat position.
The guys with the high $$$ detectors who know how to use them will find some coins the 250 will miss, but not a whole lot more.

Best Regards, John K

F

Felinepeachy

Try discriminating so you only pick up what you're looking for.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 347
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 329
  • Pic3.jpg
    Pic3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 344

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Start digging those iffy signals. You'll be surprised. :wink:

There's alot of people on here that make some great finds with the Ace250. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions