Questions/ Thoughts Regarding Treasure Sign Techniques

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two sites I am working that either are Spanish or contain Spanish influence. Another site I am not sure of, perhaps outlaw. I find it intriguing how the artist made their drawings on rock. The Spanish drawing art appears to have been done with something like a green ink. This is definitely NOT lichen. How did they know of an ink that would last centuries on rocks while being exposed to weathering? In another case, I have pics of a diamond rock with black hearts and similar burn marks covering up letters. It looks to me as though the artist had a metal open heart in which he (or she) placed upon the rock, filled it in with black powder and ignited it leaving a black heart behind. I have a pic of the artwork done in green ink (or whatever they did use) and these black hearts created by (I think) burning black powder.
poe face.jpg diamond.jpg

These drawings are very hard for anyone to see, requiring one to take pics, download and enlarge. Has anyone else wondered..... If that is what it requires for us to see this artwork, how in the world were those who were intended to see this do so without cameras and computers?

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With a trained eye

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should see some of their other work it even harder to see

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I have two sites I am working that either are Spanish or contain Spanish influence. Another site I am not sure of, perhaps outlaw. I find it intriguing how the artist made their drawings on rock. The Spanish drawing art appears to have been done with something like a green ink. This is definitely NOT lichen. How did they know of an ink that would last centuries on rocks while being exposed to weathering? In another case, I have pics of a diamond rock with black hearts and similar burn marks covering up letters. It looks to me as though the artist had a metal open heart in which he (or she) placed upon the rock, filled it in with black powder and ignited it leaving a black heart behind. I have a pic of the artwork done in green ink (or whatever they did use) and these black hearts created by (I think) burning black powder.
View attachment 1326431 View attachment 1326432

These drawings are very hard for anyone to see, requiring one to take pics, download and enlarge. Has anyone else wondered..... If that is what it requires for us to see this artwork, how in the world were those who were intended to see this do so without cameras and computers?

What kind of pictures do you have with the green ink? Do you live close to the Mississippi River?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of pictures do you have with the green ink? Do you live close to the Mississippi River?

Hi Mdog. The picture on the left contains artwork that appears to be done in something like green ink, for lack of a better explanation. If you enlarge it, a face is clearly visible. I took another pic of this same rock again over the weekend, and there must be lichen on there that is growing and camouflaging the image. How did they achieve this affect?
I'm not really close to the Mississippi.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Mdog. The picture on the left contains artwork that appears to be done in something like green ink, for lack of a better explanation. If you enlarge it, a face is clearly visible. I took another pic of this same rock again over the weekend, and there must be lichen on there that is growing and camouflaging the image. How did they achieve this affect?
I'm not really close to the Mississippi.

I don't know who did it or how, but I've seen something similar. It reminds me of some blue-green paint that was used in Mexico but I don't know how the color could last so long. Also, it's almost invisible but the camera flash brings the color out on a photo.

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know who did it or how, but I've seen something similar. It reminds me of some blue-green paint that was used in Mexico but I don't know how the color could last so long. Also, it's almost invisible but the camera flash brings the color out on a photo.
I will have to try it with my flash on and see what that does. For me, it takes putting the pic into a program like Paint.net and adjusting/increasing greens to bring out the images and inverting colors helps to bring out the subtle carving work. Also, a set of younger eyes helps. :)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see the green here . I was thinking it it some kind green algae. Show up good on the white stones. But the lichen is on a lot of stones. It goes good with the messages.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can to without messing with it

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
c62a3dda7f4ffe2c54ce10516b2e3737.jpg

Here just one of mine with the green on it

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone tell me what it saying?

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have a pic to upload that enlarges when you click on it? I copied the pic to Paint.net, and it got really grainy as I zoomed in. Now, it takes me quite a bit of time to study, but so far I see a bear with it's mouth open. That could mean that there's an opening somewhere. The bear is not in the green area though. Is this pic very recent? If there's something in the green area like in my pic, the lichen is continuously growing in warmer weather and distorting the actual image.
Is there a cliff shelter nearby with an extended outcropping above it?

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having to same trouble with zooming in on pictures. No cliffs ,but a large Mesa with a bottom. I'm thinking it could be an entry on the lower level.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Leave TV and Coca-cola at least for 1 month then return to see rocks
..you will get a surprise

OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leave TV and Coca-cola at least for 1 month then return to see rocks
..you will get a surprise
Weregolf - Can you please elaborate on that?

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Weregolf - Can you please elaborate on that?
The brain unbalances with time and body stressed, too much TV, too much soda drinks, too much information do that, so, need detox and return in contact with nature, leave all this + touch earth with feet (walk barefoot) mostly daily + sleep well, after 1 month or so your perception change, its more easy look the ancient places and worked rocks

Your brain will be balanced and better focus

Last edited:

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
M

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Certainly I do agree Weregolf that life and physical stressors interfere with the ability for one to be able to observe objectively. There's also a bit of personal psychology behind what we do think we see, even when our objectivity is clear.
I do not drink soda, do not watch much TV, love being in my bare feet especially when I'm in my gardens, and I still have trouble seeing what experienced "seers" see. :laughing7:
The brain unbalances with time and body stressed, too much TV, too much soda drinks, too much information do that, so, need detox and return in contact with nature, leave all this + touch earth with feet (walk barefoot) mostly daily + sleep well, after 1 month or so your perception change, its more easy look the ancient places and worked rocks

Your brain will be balanced and better focus

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread