Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out yesterday for a quick hunt. My day didn't start out the way I wanted, a friend of mine was supposed to take me to a new property and he ended up bailing on me so I had to make due with a yard that I've detected before. I was pretty bummed because the new permission is a horse farm that used to be a tobacco farm. Apparently a women lost a wedding ring there a few years ago and I really wanted to try to find it. Oh well, maybe next time...
Anyhow, I got to the house around noon and started to swing. It's a small yard and it's pretty trashy, a lot of can slaw and bottle caps everywhere. I've been to the yard twice before and found some interesting items including a maryland state seal button and a bunch of wheats. I was hoping for an indian or a silver coin but it wasn't meant to be. My first target was a broken skeleton key... Still searching for my first complete one!:BangHead: My next keeper target was the pocket watch. It's pretty busted up but I like it. A few feet away I got a nice penny signal at about 5 inches. When I dug it I was surprised to find a fired three ringer! It was probably only a couple feet away from where I dug the md button back in December. There is an old railroad track that runs directly behind the house, I'm wondering if there was troop movement along the track long before the houses were built... Or if there was possibly a war veteran that lived in the house at one time. A few feet from there I found the flat piece of lead. This one is interesting, it has a hole punched in it with a rusty piece of iron coming out if it and it almost looks like it has some writing or numbers on it. Possibly a lead seal or tag of some sort?? I found the toy truck and .56 cents in clad, of course one of the quarters in a 1965... All in all it was a good day, I guess I'm lucky to have a few spots that I can fall back on when things don't pan out. I like to get permission for the neighbors yard, it's bigger and flatter and it would be interesting to see if there are any other civil war artifacts on that propeety. Thanks for looking! image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 9

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IS THAT A 3 RINGER THAT I AM LOOKING AT ? NEAT FINDS.

OP
OP
plugcutter84

plugcutter84

Oct 6, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Fisher 1265x
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I like the old toys too, it had a 67 on the bottom of it, possibly the year. Yes it is a 3 ringer... Or what's left of one I should say! Thanks again

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not bad when a backup spot produces 3ringer and a cool old truck, good job!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that Tootsie Toy Truck the best. They are always fun to dig.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back up spots are nice things to have

Top Member Reactions