Quick 30 minute silver - and dropped the CTX bomb!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
A site I thought was cleaned out by my T2se came back to life when I dropped my new CTX3030 to the ground. In 30 minutes I found a Merc and another dozen wheaties. I now need to go back....

I love my T2 but this CTX just blew the ground to pieces. I am floored with the performance on ferrous, rocky grounds

Happy holidays

Attachments

• image-132733003.jpg
    image-132733003.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2682120085.jpg
    image-2682120085.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 135
Upvote 8

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She's a beauty all right.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You damn traitor! I never expected this from you lol. Just kidding bro I'm happy you found a couple keepers my friend. Happy Holidays

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahaha! Abe!

Any site that's old I'll grab my T2 first ol buddy. I got the CTX for my trashy park hunts, evening hunts (backlight), fun in the water should the moment arise, and for the tricky NJ soil. Let me put it this way: any area I hit with both detectors will be left a barren wasteland with no silver nor old copper!

Tell u what invite me to Maine and you can use it! Lol

Happy Holidays

And don't forget that shilling of yours has a perfect hole for an ornament you lucky *******!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you see why so many people love it so much! The only people who call the CTX "hype" are the ones who don't have one.

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelabe is A1 now you will find all the coins that are close to the iron search it well...

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha! Abe!

Any site that's old I'll grab my T2 first ol buddy. I got the CTX for my trashy park hunts, evening hunts (backlight), fun in the water should the moment arise, and for the tricky NJ soil. Let me put it this way: any area I hit with both detectors will be left a barren wasteland with no silver nor old copper!

Tell u what invite me to Maine and you can use it! Lol

Happy Holidays

And don't forget that shilling of yours has a perfect hole for an ornament you lucky *******!

Ha ha yup I drilled a hole in the cob too and they're the only ornaments on the tree. I took the rest down lol. I'm a firm believer in having a few of the best tools for every different environment. There is not one machine that's the best for everything. I'm happy you have a new toy my friend. Merry Christmas

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What I learned about the CTX is that you can really work the ground well with it, but for very deep or iffy signals it is best to take a whole different detector in there that will just squeeze out the signals. I've used a Deus and CZ-3D. Sometimes the CTX will "hear" them, but not quite lock. The other alternative is to dig everything even the iffy tones and dig oversized plugs to make sure you don't miss. Between running a wide open pattern and working the tones from different angles, I believe that a CTX will pull almost everything out of a site. People may disagree, but I have proven this.

Last edited:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, good luck with your CTX.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What I learned about the CTX is that you can really work the ground well with it, but for very deep or iffy signals it is best to take a whole different detector in there that will just squeeze out the signals. I've used a Deus and CZ-3D. Sometimes the CTX will "hear" them, but not quite lock. The other alternative is to dig everything even the iffy tones and dig oversized plugs to make sure you don't miss. Between running a wide open pattern and working the tones from different angles, I believe that a CTX will pull almost everything out of a site. People may disagree, but I have proven this.

I agree with what you and Abe say about using different machines to eak out every last signal. I've read a lot of "this machine" vs. "that machine" and such, but I believe each one carries it's own attributes and limitations. That said, a multi-machine approach not only utilizes different technologies, but also helps "double check" a site.

You definitely have a killer combo it seems.

I feel my T2se and CTX 3030 is also a deadly combo. That T2 will hit a cut coin 14" deep!

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got another silver about 20' away in the same pounded area.

Attachments

• image-2911613772.jpg
    image-2911613772.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread