Quick FYI about Coinstars/giftcards

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I just wanted to throw this out in case someone didn't know about it. Coinstar offers giftcards for all sorts of places at no additional fee. they usually have 10 different giftcards at each machine. the one at our store has Lowes, Papa Johns, Resturant.com, etc while the one at meijers has Amazon, and others. I sometimes will throw about 25 dollars worth of pennies into the coinstar and get a 25 dollar giftcard for amazon. then I can buy coin books or whatever catchs my fancy.

Very useful when you have gone to the bank two weeks in row and their machine has been down.

Sincerely, garouLady

Upvote 0

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
Too bad you couldn't get a eBay giftcard to buy silver..

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another interesting fact is on Amazon cards you can stack several so like I have three $20ish cards, I was able to use them all on a single order.

Dark

Aug 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the tip!
:-D

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen people having bad luck with Ebay, especially when it comes to silver and I have had bad magic with Paypal. They took half of my money when I went to transfer it from their paypal account to my checking account. I was not happy and haven't used either in 8 years. But check out the coinstars. Not everyone will have a giftcard option. Ours was just activated several months ago, I wish ours had the amazon GC so I wouldn't have to drive the extra mileage. I love amazon. They actually have what's called amazon prime which for 79 dollars a year gives you free two day shipping on almost all of their stuff, if you have a computer you can watch movies from their website. And the cool part, you can use your giftcards for this feature and it has been a godsend during christmas time. Amazon will giftwrap your presents for you for a minimal fee.

Not to mention with coinstars, you have more of a reason to check those reject bins. LOL.
-garoulady

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...or better yet, a VISA giftcard ;)

i'm almost tempted to go dump $200+ in pennies one day just to get the gift card option and get the gift card for something i need to purchase anyway... home improvements are quite expensive ;)

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do they by any chance do Visa, Mastercard, AMEX etc gift cards? That would be pretty legendary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread