Quick hunt before the work week - Snagged a wheatie

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the last day off of my 3-day weekend, I decided to do a quick hunt at my local park. It was nice weather and there seems to be no end to the pocket change coming out of the ground there. (Besides, I needed some quarters for laundry this evening!) The first penny out of the gorund was a 1958 "Wheat" cent - and I was pleasantly surprised. Most of the others were newer "Zincs" but a few of the pre-1982 ones came out of hiding every now and then. A guy came up to me and mentioned that a family was looking for a lost diamond ring last week and pointed to an area of the park I hadn't looked in yet. Alas, no ring - but I did find a few tokens. One MN Zoo "squashed" penny, "Courtesy Parking" and one from "Skateland". A little coincidence too: I found the top third of a vintage thermometer. I had found the bottom third of this same thermometer a couple weeks back when I was just starting out. Now all I need is the middle portion and I will have the complete set! LOL! (Dug up a little toy race car too) Some other little trinkets here and there and I was happy to report that I DID find enough quarters to perform my laundry task this evening. A pretty fun couple hours all around.

Thanks for looking at my trivial little hunt report. :wink:

Attachments

• june 7 group.jpg
    june 7 group.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 277
  • 1958 wheat a.jpg
    1958 wheat a.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 278
  • 1958 wheat b.jpg
    1958 wheat b.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 272
  • MN Zoo token.jpg
    MN Zoo token.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 269
  • courtesy parking token.jpg
    courtesy parking token.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 269
  • skateland token.jpg
    skateland token.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 270
  • just married charm.jpg
    just married charm.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 253
  • vintage thermometer.jpg
    vintage thermometer.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Racing Champions 97.jpg
    Racing Champions 97.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 252
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice pile of finds.. neat thermometer scalding :laughing9: MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread