Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....No, not trash-picking. Well, yes, I guess it is, but not in the literal sense. By the back entrance to my apartment complex is a compactor, and between them is a small copse of trees in that tightly-packed, almost-no-growth dirt we all love so much (lol). Hunted that patch a little bit, figured it must be an old bottle dump cuz I found tons of blue milk of magnesia shards along with a shattered Green River bottle and an intact late 1950s Coca-Cola bottle. The bottom of the bottle reads "Fort Wayne Ind. Trademark Bottle" and then some sort of worn symbol in the middle I can't make out.

ForumRunner_20121010_194716.png

Then I found a headless, hollow, lead US Army toy soldier in a khaki uniform, ringed "hands" (one is missing), I'm guessing is some sort of medic due to a white bag with a green cross on his chest. On his back reads "Made in USA 32" and on his right jacket tail is "(M)". This was the find of the evening for me :)

ForumRunner_20121010_194727.png

Also found 3 pennies, some sort of cabinet door hinge/stopper, and a lot of old trash. I didn't quite finish before the sun went down, so if the weather keeps I will probably head back this weekend.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Medic to me too. Cool find. I had some of those that were plastic and carried a litter when I was a kid.

OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding mostly and fully intact toys is definitely a highlight to my hunts...

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Love to find old toys & old vehicles! You scored on this one! As for the Coca-Cola bottle, by coincidence a brief TV news bit this week showed either Coke or Pepsi plant cranking out their LAST new glass bottles, as they're discontinuing glass bottles totally after this month. Doubt that'll raise the value of your bottle but it's nice coincidence of timing! HH Andi

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your headless hero is a lead soldier made by the Manoil Company, between 1936-1942. He did have a WW1 helmet on his head prior to the battle damage. He is officially cataloged in "Collecting Toy Soldiers No. 2" as: (M58a) 32 Stretcher Carrier, medical kit,number on back, buttons on uniform, different pockets and collar from (M58) above. Today's value of this soldier in VG condition would be $80.00 or more! Hope this helps. Sub.

Attachments

• manoil.jpg
    manoil.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
cti4sw

cti4sw

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2012
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your headless hero is a lead soldier made by the Manoil Company, between 1936-1942. He did have a WW1 helmet on his head prior to the battle damage. He is officially cataloged in "Collecting Toy Soldiers No. 2" as: (M58a) 32 Stretcher Carrier, medical kit,number on back, buttons on uniform, different pockets and collar from (M58) above. Today's value of this soldier in VG condition would be $80.00 or more! Hope this helps. Sub.

Any proof information on a find helps. "Battle damage", huh? What's he worth as a disabled veteran (no left hand and no head)?

According to eBay, where one in decent condition with all body parts attached, less than $9. Well, I guess if you wanted authenticity he could be the guy ON the stretcher...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread