Quick Hunt in the Slush - Silver and Token

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out for a short hunt today for a couple of hours before work today, ground is actually thawed at the moment. Dug a lot of trash and a few clads, couple UMO's... Then got a solid nickel hit, turned out to be a sterling silver Boy Scout ring that says "Be Prepared"... Dug a couple of late 30's wheats... Ended the hunt with a cool fare token. One side says Pittsburgh Railways with the date 1922... The other side says good for one fare...

Tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 30s and the ground is definitely thawed... Plan on hunting sun up to sun down... I may not be able to sleep tonight...

image.jpeg

Upvote 9

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, :occasion14: you are finding keepers and other cool items every time you get out.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds! Is the Boy Scout ring marked as silver? Don't hate me but .925 silver rings usually hit as dimes, quarters, or higher on most machines. Are you going to polish it up? Sub 8-)

OP
OP
PGHDigger

PGHDigger

Jan 3, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the great finds! Is the Boy Scout ring marked as silver? Don't hate me but .925 silver rings usually hit as dimes, quarters, or higher on most machines. Are you going to polish it up? Sub 8-)

It says "Sterling" on the inside of the band... I was surprised it shown as a nickel... My f2 was bouncing around a lot on this target... Nickel was just what I felt it was leaning towards...

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NEEET......................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions