Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been waiting patiently for the soybean to be cut in this field I've been eyeballing for a few weeks and Sunday I noticed it was. The homeowner was very nice and told me to have at it. I only had about 2 hours so I decided to concentrate my efforts by the tree line/old mill road in the back corner of the field. Signals were few and far between in this area but I did manage a couple of flat buttons and musket balls. I did start to find a lot of square nails so I will hopefully be able to get back there this weekend and continue along the tree line. There is a noticeable old home site on the other side of the field but I want to cover as much of the open field this fall/winter then hit the home site in the early spring. Thanks for looking.

IMAG0582.jpg

Upvote 0
Im smelling some colonial coinage there along with that large english button (mid to late 18th century) I think you might be onto something special :thumbsup:

SouthJerseyJim said:
Im smelling some colonial coinage there along with that large english button (mid to late 18th century) I think you might be onto something special :thumbsup:

yes sir, i'd say your'e on the money.
those old dandy buttons always warm the cockles of my heart.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back