Quick hunt...silver keeper

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
So, the rain had finally subsided here early this morning, and by 4pm I had got everything done that I needed to get done. Convinced myself I needed just an hour of detecting at the school where I had found the Woodmen token. On the first signal I get that "it's gotta be a silver quarter or ring" tone on my Safari, and sure enough it was the latter down about 5". Not sure what the stones are...could be just synthetic chips. Stuck around for a little while longer only to bag a clad quarter, dime, and quite a few pop tops.

HH!

Ray

Attachments

• ring1.JPG
    ring1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 724
  • ring2.JPG
    ring2.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 728
  • ring3.JPG
    ring3.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 722
Upvote 0

2bits

Nov 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
One to many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver!
Pagosa Pete

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats a great ring Ray congrats. Glad ya took all the rain back to Cali with ya. You can keep it as long as you like. :laughing7:
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Thanks folks!

Juju, yeah, it's like the rain followed me down here! lol At least we're not snowed in for a week like last year in Vader.

Ray

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Nice chunk of silver! Are you liking detecting more in California than you did in Washington, or is it too early to tell?

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray in CA said:
Thanks folks!

Juju, yeah, it's like the rain followed me down here! lol At least we're not snowed in for a week like last year in Vader.

Ray
I know you miss the snow youre not foolin anyone.
JuJu

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
washingtonian said:
Nice chunk of silver! Are you liking detecting more in California than you did in Washington, or is it too early to tell?

Hey Washingtonian! I think it's still too early to tell. I had some really good finds from Washington, so I will miss detecting there. Plus, I never really did get to detect Tacoma like I wanted, and you know there's some oldies there. Also, I didn't have the Safari when I was living in so. Cal, but I'm sure if I went back to some of my old haunts I could probably sniff out a few more silver coins.

Hey Juju, believe me when I say I don't miss all that black ice. We had a near spinout in the Jeep on the I-5 when that first snow storm hit. I think I'll be able to live without that kinda weather for quite a while. I just wish I could have hooked up with you and Matt one last time before we moved. By the way, that old bottle dump is still there right where I showed you guys if'n you ever want a change of scenery.

Ray

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
Pretty little ring. Looks like it has a spot for engraving.

49r Relics

Jan 11, 2008
Gold Country (California)
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Makro Racer 2, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Detector Pro Grey Ghost headphones, Lesche diggers, Apex picks.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is some pretty crazy videos of traffic cam footage from WA during ice storms. Nice ring! I tried to get out this evening to but it started pouring right when I got to the school I was going to detect, won't take the e-trac out in any moisture whatsoever. Sunday is looking good for weather here in Nor Cal. HH, Mark

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ray in CA said:
washingtonian said:

Hey Washingtonian! I think it's still too early to tell. I had some really good finds from Washington, so I will miss detecting there. Plus, I never really did get to detect Tacoma like I wanted, and you know there's some oldies there. Also, I didn't have the Safari when I was living in so. Cal, but I'm sure if I went back to some of my old haunts I could probably sniff out a few more silver coins.

Hey Juju, believe me when I say I don't miss all that black ice. We had a near spinout in the Jeep on the I-5 when that first snow storm hit. I think I'll be able to live without that kinda weather for quite a while. I just wish I could have hooked up with you and Matt one last time before we moved. By the way, that old bottle dump is still there right where I showed you guys if'n you ever want a change of scenery.

Ray
Where in Cali did ya move to? I make it down that way a couple times a year. Maybe we could hook up for a hunt again. At the very least it was awesome to meet ya and be able to hunt together.
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread