Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten 3 cases of different types of whiskey decanters from the 60's. I have yet to have time to go through them. What do you all think just check e-bay to get some values? I am not keeping them. Out of room.Any types that are sleepers?
Here is a sample of some.I really need to detail them up but may not be worth it

IMG_4301.JPG

IMG_4314.JPG

IMG_4316.JPG

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
I don't know enough about them, but I bet they would sell. Are they full?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Last edited:
OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know enough about them, but I bet they would sell. Are they full?

The gunfighter series are all full and un opened. I found a identical set that went through Christie auction and sold for around 1300.00. I do not expect that to be a realistic price. Flea bay says you have to empty the bottles.
Imagine 50 year old whiskey upright with a dry cork may not taste to good.

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
The gunfighter series are all full and un opened. I found a identical set that went through Christie auction and sold for around 1300.00. I do not expect that to be a realistic price. Flea bay says you have to empty the bottles.
Imagine 50 year old whiskey upright with a dry cork may not taste to good.
The set of 8 recently sold on Ebay for $200, that was the top dollar price in the last 90 days, they seem to average $25-40 individually...

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469067198.647933.jpg theres a section from Michael Polak's book on McCormic bottles. Prices vary...looks like Elvis ones are really good. The karate Elvis is 385-390 dollars. I think the crown jewel is Marilyn Monroe 1984. That one is 600-650. There's a few other good ones. Majority of them are 10-50 dollar range. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1469067519.603018.jpg

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah everyone needs a Marilyn Monroe one or Elvis. I saw a tombstone bottle in there also and three very tall Jim Beam Indians. Looks like they may not be worth the effort. My uncle got me digging bottles as a kid and I think he thought these might increase in value one day. I did get a leather satchel full of cokes wrapped in newspaper that I am going to keep with mine. I see in your book one of an air plane and I know there is one in there . I appreciate everyones help and always enjoy seeing what you guys are digging. Not a lot of time to post lately but am digging a small dump from the 20s and have located two privies off an 1821 primitive church. We shall see.
Thanks again for the help!

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i generally hate this kind of bottle maybe because i grew up seeing them all over . In time they may Garner some interest . there are clubs out there that specialize in this stuff . they sell well at flea market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread