Quick Question or 2

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Does my G2+ accept Concentric as well as DD coils.?

2. What is the Best 'aftermarket' coil (concentric if possible, & 10-13 inch range)?

Thanks ahead of time.

I know that I could research this but want user opinions.

:pot-of-gold:

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G2/G2+ is essentially a higher frequency version of the T2 (19khz vs. 13 khz) and is not "officially" designed to be compatible with concentric or coaxial coils. Though you may find some that "work", they will usually suffer some sort of performance decrement. DD coils from the Tek greek series detectors are compatible. Detech makes a version of their 13" Ultimate coil that is compatible with the tek greek series detectors that should also be compatible with the G2. I own a version that I use on my F75 that works well and is well balanced for the F75 (similar form factor to your G2+). HTH.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with V above. My wife owns an F19. I have tested the Greek 10 inch eliip concentric from an Omega (stock Omega coil) and also tried the same size one off an F70 (stock F70 coil).

Depth and ID were not "optimal" in my opinion.

That being said....here is a video from DirtFishing where he uses a 6.5 inch concentric from a F75 on a F19....he appears to like it.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G2/G2+ is essentially a higher frequency version of the T2 (19khz vs. 13 khz) and is not "officially" designed to be compatible with concentric or coaxial coils. Though you may find some that "work", they will usually suffer some sort of performance decrement. DD coils from the Tek greek series detectors are compatible. Detech makes a version of their 13" Ultimate coil that is compatible with the tek greek series detectors that should also be compatible with the G2. I own a version that I use on my F75 that works well and is well balanced for the F75 (similar form factor to your G2+). HTH.

Thanks for the info, I'm not familiar with "tek greek" Ill look it up tho.

Yea that 19khz is pretty sensitive, thought the Tejon was sensitive. lol

Guess I'm pretty 'set up' on Coils 'Thinking I wanted to use the coil that came Stock on the F-19, Since I hunt Woods Mostly.
I have had this machine over 5 months now , so I'm still learning it. I have 100 + hours in the Field with it tho.

I believe i'm over thinking the ' Notching' & V-Break'

I learn more each time out sooo... Ill eventually get it.

Again thanks for the info , & ill research the 'Greek' deal.
Davers

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with V above. My wife owns an F19. I have tested the Greek 10 inch eliip concentric from an Omega (stock Omega coil) and also tried the same size one off an F70 (stock F70 coil).

Depth and ID were not "optimal" in my opinion.

That being said....here is a video from DirtFishing where he uses a 6.5 inch concentric from a F75 on a F19....he appears to like it.

Cool !
Watched the Video , & it seems that Football coil he was using basically mirrors the small 5'' round coil that came with the Machine, Depth averages 5 or so inches but have gotten coins at 8'' in Wet soil , It's rained A-LOT since Spring , I love it.

As I said in the other reply ill likely go one size down on the coil since I hunt Woods Mostly.

Still have to master the "notch" & V-Break.

Thanks for your reply & Video link.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread