Quick Question

loaderguy

Jun 1, 2008
Endicott,N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Tracker 4
I know that on my Bounty Hunter Time Ranger that gold sounds the same as a pull tab or even a nickle and gold and silver have different tones!! If you have any gold around you can use it as a test, waving it under your coil to hear the tones!! Hope this helps.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detectors respond to gold differently with each detector. Even gold in its natural form can be alloyed with different metals so the conductivity can be anything. Add to it that I don't know if you are asking about gold rings or nuggets. Gold can read anywhere and could even read differently between two detectors of the same brand and model.
So buy as many detectors as you can........... :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sandman said:
Metal detectors respond to gold differently with each detector. Even gold in its natural form can be alloyed with different metals so the conductivity can be anything. Add to it that I don't know if you are asking about gold rings or nuggets. Gold can read anywhere and could even read differently between two detectors of the same brand and model.
Well Put SM.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions