Quick Silver for Christmas

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
My Mom's brother bought a Quick Silver to try to find a property marker and was done with it. So, my Mom bought it from him and gave it to me for Christmas. I guess I'll use it as a loaner and my "I'm scared of someone mugging me and taking my detector in this location" machine. Does anyone have an opinion good or bad about this model? I'm I judging too harshly too quickly?

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Quick Silver is a basic unit and would great to use in seedier neighborhoods. I believe it should hit a quarter at 7.5". Do you have any nieces or nephews that have shown any interest in the hobby? Hopefully your mother got a good deal from brother.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm I judging too harshly too quickly?

I think so. The QS is just a fun detector, not a professional one. It will do great surface hunting (around 6+") in places you hit "spare of the moment". It was given to you by your wise mother. You have no right to judge.:laughing7:

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't underestimate it. It's no depth monster but it'll find treasure.
Those older style BH machines can surprise you sometimes. I found gold, silver and a few old coins with my old BH machines. Dug lotsa' trash too but I still dig lotsa' trash.

I would definitely keep it as a backup for anyone who wants to tag along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I took the BH QS to the beach this past weekend to see how it would perform on the dry sand. It did wonderful, so, I took it down to the wet sand. It did great there too. I'm glad to find this out because my F2 was very chatty in the wet sand and went haywire in Gulf Shores on dry sand. I'm going to start carrying it with me to the beach with my CZ20.

lowbike1

Aug 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a quick silver as a birthday present, and am finding it a bit frustrating. it goes off constantly, even if its pointed in the air...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread