Quick Update + Question!

Spartcom5

Feb 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys crh has been slow lately, still finding silver, just found an AU possibly MS 1957 franklin half the other day! Also quick question!! I saw a seated liberty half for sale at $30. Forgot the date wasn't a key date or anything..... But the coins obverse is easily an Extra Fine and then the reverse is well.... Not good at all maybe a G or VG with scratches... How would you grade this coin?? I don't have pictures but what would you usually do with this problem? $30 seems like a good deal but i have no idea.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See what others are selling for. Check ebay and check sold listings. Ebay tends to sell coins for a premium , but at least you can get a ball park idea of what others are paying. You just have to get the date of the coin.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coin generally will grade closer to what the lower grade is. That seems odd that it would be that far apart on the obverse and reverse. Also, if it's scratched, you'd grade it even lower, something like a net AG-G. I wouldn't pay much more than melt for it, based on your description, honestly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread