Quickie Road trip 10/20

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
Only had a couple of hours today, so headed about 30 min north to hit some banks I went to 2 weeks ago. At bank stop one got 7 loose, nuthin. Bank 2...got 2 loose coins, but both 40%ers (67 & 68). Stopped at #3 and picked up 15 rolls and stop 4 said they had none, then said "Wait, let me check" and had 36 rolls in a plastic bag...each of those rolls I could see had marked stripes all around the wrappers.

Got home and went through the 15 rolls and got a 2002 NIFC as a keeper and a `64 90% and a 67 40%er.

36 rolls were what I feared, someones dumps who marked them in a way that I know now to avoid! Much easier to see from a distance than just an "X" on the wrapper.

Todays totals, including the ones I picked up from local mom&pop store I mentioned in another post:
( 3 ) `64 90%
( 11 ) 40%
( 2 ) NIFC keepers

Had to work for them, but not too shabby.

-Happyspider-

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Happyspider

Happyspider

Oct 22, 2008
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
cbroyles said:
What's up bro, hows the coin roll hunting going, :headbang:

Well, well, well. My little bro pops in and gets upgraded from lurking in the shadows stalker status to actually posting! You can follow my slow progress, compared to these Megamonsters guys and gals here. You can try your hand at it, but I warn you...it's addicting!! If you want up-to-the-minute status. all ya gotta do is CALL. But warning, when I come back home for a visit, any and all local financial institutions in a 25 mile radius are fair game.

Good to hear from ya and its about time you posted something...go find something with your detector and post it, after all, you turned me onto this site.

yer big bro...
Happyspider

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread