Quite a bit today!

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the local park and also hit up an elementary school. Found $1.08 in clad, a handful of soda tabs, old pull tabs, trash, old soda cans, scissors, a bullet (at a school?!), and this token that reads; Modern Health Crusaders with a horse and rider, National Tuberculosis Assn. New York. With Greenduck Co. Chicago on the bottom.
What do you guys think about the token and bullet?
su5e6uba.jpg
dy7ega3e.jpg
nadazypy.jpg
9y4e4ape.jpg
uqazabu6.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Good finds! :notworthy: Your token seems very special, & with all the information on it, you'll probably be able to get great facts about it on the web. If so, please post them! :icon_thumright:
Sadly, I've dug bullets nearly everywhere I've detected: playgrounds, parks, lakes, & ocean beach. I've no interest in ammunition of any kind, but others on this forum can fill you in about it. Have fun! :cat: Andi

OP
OP
F

forgetaboudit

Feb 15, 2014
Milwaukee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I guess this token was a pin at one point. Apparently the pin was soldered to back, thus the marking on the back that is horizontal on the token. The K.B. on the obverse is for a knight banneret. (A knight banneret, sometimes known simply as banneret, was a Medieval knight ("a commoner of rank") who led a company of troops during time of war under his own banner (which was square-shaped, in contrast to the tapering standard or the pennon flown by the lower-ranking knights) and were eligible to bear supporters in English heraldry. The military rank of a knight banneret was higher than a knight bachelor (who fought under another's banner), but lower than an earl or duke.)Knight banneret - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Green Duck Company, or the Green Duck Metal Stamping Company, was a prolific company that produced a wide variety of metal products, most notable among those being their political campaign buttons. Started in Chicago, Illinois in 1906, the company bounced around various Chicago addresses for nearly 70 years before moving to Hernando, Mississippi in 1975, closing it doors in 2004. Scoop - Where the Magic of Collecting Comes Alive! - Green Duck Company Archives Offered at Hake?s

All I can find about the National Tuberculosis Association is that is ran from 1904-1954:dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread