Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 5
He was a legend in our little metal detecting community, and always will be.

A good man and patriotic American. I own two At Pro's and 3 of their pinpointers. Great company.

I became interested in metal detecting 40 years ago when I was 12 years old. Got my first detector when I was 13. Somewhere around that time period, my Aunt gave me the book 'Successful Coin Hunting' by Charles Garrett. While I have never owned a Garrett unit, the book gave me great tips and guidance. I have always thought it to be a 'must read' for all hunters, especially beginners. Unfortunately, I loaned the book out and never got it back. RIP Charles Garrett, you were definately a cornerstone of the metal detecting world.

I hope they bury him with one of his detectors, so he can detect in his after life, he was a good man. R.I.P. my friend .

the world has lost a good man and a giant in the metal detecting world .

Thank you for this post. I the Garrett Company is an outstanding organization founded by a great American. He will surely be missed. May God bless his family as they mourn his passing.

Ironically his name came up in a conversation today about detectors, but when does it not talking detectors. The man was a legend, I was using my GTI 2500 today. My best wishes out to his family. Thanks Mr. Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back