All Treasure Hunting
Good idea CHAINCHOMP :thumbsup:

HH....[R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
What? He died? You guys have to be kidding me. I am shocked.. I always enjoyed his posts and am really shocked. My deepest condolensces. No one expects anyone to pass away before 70. WOW

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SFBayArea said:
What? He died? You guys have to be kidding me. I am shocked.. I always enjoyed his posts and am really shocked. My deepest condolensces. No one expects anyone to pass away before 70. WOW
It's even worse when they pass away before 60. Godspeed Rich.

Hortstu

May 10, 2011
I'm new here so I haven't read any of his posts but I'd be very interested in a best of thread. Maybe that could be stickied up top too? The little bit I've read here has shown me that everyone thinks very highly of him and has been influenced by him as well.
Just a thought. Thanks.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
:( I'm sorry to hear about Rich. I noticed he hasn't been posting for a while now. Does anyone know what happened????

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We will all miss him. I learned a lot about roll hunting from Rich. I'm glad I got to know him, even if it was just on this forum.

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
So Sad. It was always cool when Rich would take the time to comment one of my posts. He was one of the best. He will me missed.

Gordon and Tanner R.I.P. Rich Hartford

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Rich was on here much longer than me, so when I joined it was good to read of his scores. Especially the WL he would pick up.... And the time he bent over in the vault to pick up the boxes and ripped one on the tellers..

He will be missed by me.

santafeboy

Dec 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 1100
Shocked and saddened to learn of the loss of Rich Hartford. Though Im relatively new here he certainly inspired me reading his posts. God watch over you Rich R.I.P.

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Dang it!
Good guy.
Any details?
Learning about Silver Fox was just as shocking.
God bless them both.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,
I have had a bit of a hard day after I read the post this morning about the passing of Rich. Although I have only been on this forum for a bit over a year, Mr. Hartford & I shared many emails. He always gave me advice and was ever so nice. I know he loved his family dearly--in particular his granddaughter.

Throughout our lives we meet people--like on the forum--that we only "see" via texting, emails, and forums such as this. But, people like Mr. Hartford--who show kindness to strangers--are the type of people who we should admire.

I admired him and will miss him.

Happy Silver Hunting to Mr. Hartford who is now in "God's Silver Lined-Clouds,"

apush :read2:

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I Am so sorry to hear of Rich's passing. Like most folks on this forum, didn't know him other than reading his posts. And could he ever post, always an uplifting reply or maybe even put a smile on your face. He seemed like the kind of guy you would really like and respected. I'm sure he will be missed my many, me included.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My thoughts and prayers are with his family. Rich was a character and a real treasure on this forum. His insights and sense of humor were one of a kind. He will be missed.

Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions