tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your out in open country. Just down the road from where your at on 28 from Farson going towards Atlantic City, there's a big medow of marsh grass. I saw a mountain lion come out on the highway ahead of me once maybe five miles from Fason. It looked like maybe a young one. It came out and stopped and saw me coming at it. It paused for a moment as if to think about going across the road or go back the way it came from? I stepped on the gas and it went back to the same side if the road it appeared. I pulled over and already had my camera fired up hoping I get at least a shot of it running away, but the grass was to talk for me to see anything, but waving in the wind field of tall grass. I bet that young mountain lion hides out in that marsh grass to stalk those jack rabbits in that sage country that surrounds that large marsh ??

Last edited:
OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Your out in open country. Just down the road from where your at on 28 from Farson going towards Atlantic City, there's a big medow of marsh grass. I saw a mountain lion come out on the highway ahead of me once maybe five miles from Fason. It looked like maybe a young one. It came out and stopped and saw me coming at it. It paused for a moment as if to think about going across the road or go back the way it came from? I stepped on the gas and it went back to the same side if the road it appeared. I pulled over and already had my camera fired up hoping I get at least a shot of it running away, but the grass was to talk for me to see anything, but waving in the wind field of tall grass. I bet that young mountain lion hides out in that marsh grass to stalk those jack rabbits in that sage country that surrounds that large marsh ??
I had loaded in Lovell, WY, and stopped here the night before. When I woke up, I was parked looking directly into the sunrise. There were about 50 prairie dogs in front of me with sun on the wrong side, and the rabbit was off to the side. I wonder if the lion eats prairie dogs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread