Racer, CTX, CoRe, been hunting a small front yard...

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple of weeks ago I hunted a very small front yard of an old abandoned 100 plus yr old house. Not much trash here at all about normal I guess. Put the Racer with small coil on it and dug a couple of handfulls of coins on a couple of hunts. Several days later wanted to try and get deeper and ran the CTX over it. Got about 15 or so more coins. Some pretty deep in the 7-8 inch range. Went back with the Racer on the next hunt and ran the small coil on it again and pulled just a couple. Ran the CTX again that same day and got just a few more a little deeper than what the small coil could get. Today eased over there with the CoRe and ran at stock startup settings in DI3 using the 11 inch stock coil. I'm hunting literally in the same places places I've dug already. Not a 30X50 ft front yard. I was totally surprised at what was deep that was left in the yard. I haven't experienced that kind of depth that many times in a hunt ever. Everything except for a few were in the 8 to 10 inch range a couple of the targets were deeper than that, one way deeper. I mean right on the fringe just peeping in with no TID except after the first shovel was out of the hole then intermittent. Got about 8 nickels today also. Several dimes and mostly memorials for pennies. Stock coil on the CoRe ain't no slouch! Here ya go...

OP
OP
Jack Flynn

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have not looked yet. They're still in the garage sink.

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How would you compare the Racer to the Fors CoRe? Do you favor one more than the other?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Nokta Fors and it ain't no joke. I am hitting depths with the standard coil that I could barely hit with a Nel big coil. I'm so glad I made that purchase

OP
OP
Jack Flynn

Jack Flynn

Oct 18, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Both will virtually do the same thing. I like my Racer now but I love that CoRe. It's an ergonomic thing with me. I'm just not an S shaped shaft fan, never have been. That's my personal preference BTW. However I can swing the Racer all day, just my preference. You won't believe how smooth and effortless it is to run the CoRe on your arm. Plus the way the shaft is set up the coils are way out in from of you compared to having with most machines run them just in front of your feet. Best balanced machine I've ever put my hands on.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both will virtually do the same thing. I like my Racer now but I love that CoRe. It's an ergonomic thing with me. I'm just not an S shaped shaft fan, never have been. That's my personal preference BTW. However I can swing the Racer all day, just my preference. You won't believe how smooth and effortless it is to run the CoRe on your arm. Plus the way the shaft is set up the coils are way out in from of you compared to having with most machines run them just in front of your feet. Best balanced machine I've ever put my hands on.

I totally agree with you it has to be the best balanced machine made. I designed, make and sell retro fit handles for the Garrett AT pro which turns them into a straight shaft and wow does it make a difference but the Nokta Fors gold I have is so balanced its 4.2 pounds feel like 2 plus that extended reach allows me a huge arcing swing which I like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread