Racking my brain for a sign?

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's our very first claim, and I've been racking my brain for the right signs to put up to let other people know it is a claim and please respect that!
Our claim is in BC Canada, and is on crown land (meaning not a park, reserve, or private land), and I know that we have placer rights, but not the property rights. The "Private Property" sign was the obvious choice, but I really wouldn't mind if a family was camped there when I arrived. Fishing, swimming and barbecuing, who can not love that!
Claim jumps carry shovels and buckets, not mustard and relish...lol.

And that's why my brain hurts! What notices, or signs do you use to let John and Jane camper know that there are some "rights" attached to that little creek?

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This should work....

mf.jpg

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To funny Hawk, yea, that should do it for sure. I was thinking of putting our Claim #, with the "Department of Energy and Mines" on a sign. It looks "official" and we are registered there.

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is from google search for mining rights signs

Attachments

• image-1810345380.jpg
    image-1810345380.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 70

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wishbone,

That sign Joe hunter just posted looks good, and if you want to still allow campers why not just add a line to it stating campers and fishermen welcome within restrictions above.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome Hawk! It's the exact sign I was thinking of. I added the info I needed to, and changed my background to match the sign. It worked great!
I appreciate your help, thank you.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Warning signs are great.And should be posted.The only problem with that is many people ignore them.

OP
OP
W

Wishbone

Jan 5, 2014
BC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean, so I'm making more than just 1. They'll just become target practice for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread