Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been eyeing the town square every time I drive by it. It is immacutely groomed and I was a little reluctant to dig it. About half afraid someone would run me off. I got brave this morning and arrived at 5:45 AM just as the sun was coming up. A police car drove by and looked me over and I waved at him and he waved back and drove on, The square is really a triangle with a big statue of the town founder. There are no this and no that signs posted all over, but not any sign porhibiting metal detecting....yet. The hold several concerts, civic functions, etc there every year so I felt assured there would be some goodies. I was kinda' disappointed however and didn't find much except some clad. The only really deep signal I dug turned out to be the underground lighting conduit! Picked up 5 quarters, six dimes and 13 pennies plus a couple of what's its. Went pretty fast to get in and out before anyone noticed me, so I may go back next week end. There were about 5 signals at 8" that I want to dig next time and I made a mental note of where they were. JIM

Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you got to go and detect today!!! And....you were the smart one today by getting up and out before it got too hot!

Nice finds!!

;)

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like there's some possibilities with the 8 inch signals Jim!

HH

Lonewolfe

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that several people are planning a hunt in their town square after the July 4th festivities and areas where fireworks will be shot off. You might not have been the first one to detect there but it sure sounds like a good spot. HH, Mike

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG jim,now go back for those other sigs.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I often wonder if there are any other detectorists in this town. We're about 25,000 population and I have never seen any signs of anyone else digging, nor do I ever see anyone else out and about when I am. There is one guy who picks up aluminum cans that I see all the time and that's it. I think there was someone here at one time as I haven't found silver where I would expect to and not many deep targets. Not anyone lately however as I have picked up a ton of clad shallow. In fact I have done so good I am running out of places to hunt! I am going to have to start making out of town trips it looks like. By running out of places I mean the easy ones. There are a few that I am holding off until winter because of dense vegetatiion and bugs and snakes, etc. JIM

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It definitely does not hurt to go out of town at times. I met an old detecting buddy of mine I had not seen in over ten years at a midway point, which turned out to be Muskogee, OK. We different areas around town and ended up with some old wheats and an IH. The next day we decided to just drive around and see what we could find. We ended up in a small town about 35 miles away, and just started driving around. After only finding clad at the local school, we continued to drive around the town and found a empty lot that a chuch catty corner across the street uses as a parking lot. That yielded a silver Washington quarter, two mercs and a 1898 IH cent. You will never know what you can find unless you just go for it!!!!

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to say this to you Jim. Find and get permission to hunt old Churches. Look for small old cemetery's, not to hunt the cemetery's but to locate old foundations. When you find an old cemetery an old community must be near or was near at one one point and is now a farmers field.

Keep at it, HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread