Railroad Bagage Tag

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
Was detecting around an old home site that is about to become a Quick Trip gas station.
Found the usual stuff but got one interesting piece. A "SR" bagage claim tag. Not sure what the actual RR name was but still a nice find.

HH
Jeff

Attachments

• DSCN1251-50.JPG
    DSCN1251-50.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 1,012
Upvote 0

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice Baggage tag there, congrats :icon_thumleft: :wink:

ncsilverspider

Jul 24, 2011
Rowan County, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizim III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o :o Man! That is an AWESOME FIND!!! I have some items from the Southern Railway (I am a HUGE trainnut ;D) that have that same arrow design on it. I did some research and found out that the "SR arrow" logo was used from 1894 (When the Southern Railway was formed) up to 1915! Then they changed to ther round "SR-Southern Serves the South" Logo. And judging from the word "Local" on the tag, my guess is that the tag came from a piece of luggage/package that was on a SR frieght/ passenger train that ran in a certain town or in a certain part of Georgia. So that is an AWESOME find in EXCELLENT condition! An excellent relic from Southern Steam era! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!! :headbang: :hello2: :hello2: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Jeff In North Georgia

Jeff In North Georgia

Aug 23, 2006
Suwanee, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Fisher F75+
Also found a So. RR key several years ago in a house yard, different town. Here is a picture.

Attachments

• rrkey1.JPG
    rrkey1.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 667
  • rrkey3.JPG
    rrkey3.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 482

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread