Railroad Lock

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
I haven't posted much lately, but then again the finds have been slim, as has been the time to hunt. I found this a couple of months ago and have been sitting on it (although not literally) while cleaning it in distilled water. I found it next to the lake in my favorite hunting park. It looks better than it did when I found it but it has a long way to go to get it as good as I would like it to. To find more information on the lock I did a google search and found this website: http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/railroadmemories/dynapage/IP1534.htm
I'm not sure when the auction closed but the results are on this page: http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/railroadmemories/dynapage/PP0910.htm
Scroll down to Lot #395, the selling price is to the right. I was blown away! Good Luck and HH.

Attachments

• Union Pacific Lock 1.jpg
    Union Pacific Lock 1.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 769
Upvote 0

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW I guess I better get my box full out and start selling them. OH yea that just a dream I had.
Congrats on the find. HH Burdie

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice find.....R.R. locks are something that you will not miss...they hit like bombs! :o

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who looked and for the great responses. It's finds like this that make all those days of frustration and disappointing finds worth while. It reinspires us, restores our confidence and reassures us that there are still good finds out there just waiting to be found. Good luck to all and HH.

OP
OP
nedigger

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Here is a picture of another antique lock I found last year. It was actually a surface find (although only partly exposed). I was detecting in a small little park next to an intersection on a Sunday morning when I saw something at the base of a tree. I almost didn't walk over to see what it was, but when I did, this is what I found. Using Google I did a little research and found one like it that sold on Ebay in September of 1999 for $230.50. I haven't found much information beyond that but it was still an exciting find. Here is the website: http://www.1st-net-lock-museum.com/lp3.htm

Attachments

• Champion 6 Lever Lock.jpg
    Champion 6 Lever Lock.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 650

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
NEDIGGER,
What an awesome find, I wonder what park that was ;).
Hey I was just back there a couple of weeks ago.
I tried out that park, fist signal was a wheat, I figured this is going to be good. The rest was clad and junk.
I went for a ride into Iowa and found a pretty good looking park not to far from you. If your interested PM me and I will give you the details. You may already know about it, but I found about $3.00 in clad in 30 minutes, so I don't think its been hit to hard.

Again congratulations on the nice find

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread