Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can have all my rain and snow
place is like a sponge here.
gonna be like the rain forest as soon as it hits 60's this year again :( Wednsday we'll
be getting hit again by both rain and snow.

on the positive side, had to run over to the valley today.
When I stepped out of the store there was allot of
cow poop smell in the air. First sign of spring :thumbsup:
next should be the geese soon I hope

Last edited:

MadMarshall

Nov 12, 2012
na
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NO RAIN DANCE FOR NORTHEN CALI the low water flow makes sniping Ideal.. I rather northern cali turn to desert.. I can only imagine if the rivers run dry.. WHERE WOULD I DIG FIRST??? Who knows maybe alot of the prospectors who rely on water will go tooo..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO RAIN DANCE FOR NORTHEN CALI the low water flow makes sniping Ideal.. I rather northern cali turn to desert.. I can only imagine if the rivers run dry.. WHERE WOULD I DIG FIRST??? Who knows maybe alot of the prospectors who rely on water will go tooo..

Yes I could do with a nice Desert here in Pa also
Relics abound under the lakes & in the thick jungle like thorn
bushes which are taking over :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES PLEASE.....Rain rain rain....i prospect wet or dry...but, i really don't want to see smoke on the horizon in several directions.

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think pville got it right. Last year was pretty dry, lets hope for less fire this year.

Ps. Its sprinkling here in colfax

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's drizzly here in eureka but think we're only at like 1/3 our normal at this point in the year

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can have some of my rain , we got 26 cm over night.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes i want floods we need a lot of moving water to move the gold around.

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I don't want. If we get floods I'm stuck here. Last major floods we had stuff started getting hard to find at stores because there's 3 ways in to this area

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last few years in NorCal we've had late winter early summer snow storms so don't consider us dry just yet! In 2011 I got up to the sierras out of Sacramento to find the back roads packed with tall snow. At the end of June the snow at 6000' was ~ 6' deep though by July 13 it was all gone. The river and tributaries were high for some time after that.

Pville I agree more rain to keep the fires down would be great. In 2008 there was a heavy lightning storm all around me, lovely flashes and noise!, only thing was way down river a sizable fire had been started by a strike and it burned a lot of forest down including the overhead canopy. With the canopy gone the weeds on the ground have become a real threat, like 8' to 10' tall. The next fire should take out the low ground growth while doing little to the trees but it will be a hot fast fire, a killer.

Keep you nose to the air while at the same time watching out for cats, bears, snakes, forest service agents and paying attention to your detecting, panning, sluicing, camping and I think all of that is impossible so enjoy yourself but be prepared...............63bkpkr

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the Sierra seemed to get a lot of late snowfall. This year I'm hoping they get some. My kids want to see the snow and were going towards Reno a couple of trips to look at moving that way. Here I don't mind if it doesn't rain much

419GottaMinute

Jul 1, 2012
colfax, ca
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 400
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aunt in law came down from reno today for my sons 4th b day party at chuck e cheese (sigh) in roseville. Said it was darn near blizzard and snow down to around alta sierra. We got abit of rain and hail here in colfax, and it was sunny in roseville! Go figure...

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to Reno in 3 weeks hope there's some snow somewhere for my kids. I wanted to ski but not on a fairly new shoulder repair...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread