Rained out in the country

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Mayo and me hit some alternative sites today. We're just those kind of MD'ers. Scored clad, whatsits and Mayo got a nice old military dog tag belonging to a fellow with a long last name who was catholic. Rain came and drove us to shorten the hunt.

Did have one of those transplanted Chicago cops who moved to the country boomtown stop by to check us out at a rural street work site. His initial apprehension was overcome by my charm and demeanor. Or he didn't want to get out in the rain. Can't figure out which it was.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Without a doubt, your charm and demeanor.

Always wanted to try some street work site, I don't see to much detectable work going on. I'll have to be more observant.

Joe

Mayo South Elgin

Feb 5, 2007
South Elgin IL
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah we did some ghost metal detecting.
We were swinging our detectors in spirit!
That's what you do when you go to a ghost town only to find out there's a posted sign that forbids anyone but residents from using the grounds in question.

My girlfriend has a friend who's mother actually lives in the town we went to, and she said that there is only ONE cop for the whole town and it wouldn't have been a problem. Maybe I'll get her to give us "residency" long enough to detect there.

Had a fun time anyways detecting in the places we did get to search.
I think we could have fooled the relocated cop into thinking we worked for a utility company (which was his first thought, and his second thought was we were getting double or triple time being there on a Sunday in the rain).
but he was a friendly guy and didn't bother us.

About the dog tag I found, anyone have links to places I can research it? One of the links I already found said that all dog tags are the property of the US Military and must be returned to the secretary of defense for them to determine what to do with it.

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
I know me and Mikey will look forward to taking you up on that Mayo. Two weeks from now? I can do it on a weekday if you'd like also. Monday would be best.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread