VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I promised Doug that I would take him to the picket post site where I dug the breastplate this week. We knew there was a good chance we would get rained on but off we went. I’m trying to talk Josh into going with us soon given his crazy work schedule and don’t think that will be a problem-LOL.
Doug struck first blood by digging a nice dropped .69 cal. 3 ringer about 50 ft. from the truck. His best find was the nice brass suspender clip. He made a nice start to a relic box from that site today. The .69 bullet I dug shown in the video had 3 notches carved into the base like they intended to make a whistler bullet out of it.
Our relics from today are shown on the threadbare (as Steve in PA said) Relic Rag courtesy of Modern Miner. My finds to date from the picket post are shown on the red background.
When Doug recovered his 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] .69 cal. 3 ringer, I told him that I should charge he and Josh a guide fee. He said when their books on finding CW sites & identifying relics (LOL) come out that they would comp me copies. I can’t wait-LOL. HH from Doug & Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN0065.JPG
    DSCN0065.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0068.JPG
    DSCN0068.JPG
    820.1 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Upvote 10

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Congrats guys, love finding those big "mammy-balls" and the suspender clip is always a good find. I can't wait till the book comes out, I'll bet they see well over 9 copies. Oh, by the way, mighty good short hunt and I love the song! Maybe we can get out before next fall!!!!!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Y'all are brave men! There are some quality relics in that sweet spot,hope it keeps producing for y'all .

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt. I am still waiting on the rain here. Maybe this will be the fat boy .69 caliber camp like the William Cleaners was? I may hunt in the rain tomorrow . I am desperate to dig a few relics.
Thanks for sharing. Beautiful pictures of Tennessee. No place I would rather be. Turkey season opens tomorrow be safe!
HH!
TnMtns

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta agree, beautiful scenes of Tn in your video. You ever get up around Sgt York's stomping grounds( Pall Mall )? I grew up just over the line. Nice video.....it reminded me of home.:icon_thumright:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to the Rain Men on a super hunt. Glad you guys could get out today. Some nice lead and a super suspender clip for the D-meister. :thumbsup:
Super tune on today's video Q. I got out for a few hours today, but believe me, you guys did a lot better. :BangHead:
-DUHg-
P.S. Let me know when Dman and Josh's new book comes out, I need some more paper for the privy. :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotta agree, beautiful scenes of Tn in your video. You ever get up around Sgt York's stomping grounds( Pall Mall )? I grew up just over the line. Nice video.....it reminded me of home.:icon_thumright:
OD, the last time I was there, I attended Pastor Pyle's (played by Walter Brennan in the movie) estate sale. That's a beautiful part of Tennessee. Nearly 1 hour 45 mins. from us. HH, Q.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woop! Looks like another great spot in the making for the trio! Already a good showing for the collection. I love finding the suspender buckles. Can't wait to see that one all cleaned up.
Congrats on all those finds!
Nana :hello:

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Donnie, Cgirl, Casper, Richard (Tnmountains), Joey (that dman has the gift of gab huh?-LOL), OD, MM, Nana, & vp. More to come from that site but the relics are scattered. HH, Q.

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
NY
🥇 Banner finds
As always Quindy another great hunt you guys had, also enjoy your videos CONGRATS :thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I so enjoy your videos Q, Spielberg better watch out!

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another sweet hunt by the Duo/Trio!:thumbsup: I really like the suspender buckle and would like to see it cleaned-up, and of course the 'big boys' are always nice!
:)
Breezie

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice finds, thanks for the pics

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good follow up hunt on the picket post Quindy. The relic rag is getting a real workout lately. I guess you have to wash it after every hunt, LOL.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread