tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This last week took me all the way from here on the Colorado front range all the way to Yerington Nevada, which over there I ran into one heck of a rain storm. It's the rainy season all across the west and even in the deserts I've see some places that had flooded. It sure made some places really green that will only last a short time, so it was quite pleasing to experience. Coming home last night I see still some light snow flurries high in the rocky mountains.

Attachments

• wet weather 1.jpg
    wet weather 1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • wet weather 2.jpg
    wet weather 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 50
  • wet weather 3.jpg
    wet weather 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • wet weather 4.jpg
    wet weather 4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41
  • wet weather 5.jpg
    wet weather 5.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 59
  • wet weather 6.jpg
    wet weather 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our forecast at one point had us in a winter storm watch with a possibility of up to 18" of snow. So far just a little rain and cold.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out here on the east coast we're living in a rain forest this week. Right now the rain stopped but we have very dense fog and no visibility.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been raining here the last couple of days. They are forecasting the river behind our property the reach maximum and flood stage around the second week in June. Looks like my neighbors will lose more property to the high water. Right now the river bank is only about thirty feet from our corner property post. Oh Well, maybe it won't be long before we have river-front property and then I'll have private access to fishing for trout.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's been raining here the last couple of days. They are forecasting the river behind our property the reach maximum and flood stage around the second week in June. Looks like my neighbors will lose more property to the high water. Right now the river bank is only about thirty feet from our corner property post. Oh Well, maybe it won't be long before we have river-front property and then I'll have private access to fishing for trout.
Sounds this wet weather is pretty wide spread across the mountain west. I haven't seen rain come down as hard as it did in a long time over east of Fallon, Nevada when I drove through there last Thursday. That place I've only ever seen under the hot baking dry desert sun. It was really coming down and beginning to flood in some area's.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our forecast at one point had us in a winter storm watch with a possibility of up to 18" of snow. So far just a little rain and cold.
Oh yeah, it did look like it was gonna snow some more up on the east side of the I70 tunnels. I won't be surprised to hear you get a few inches up your way. Over in the Glenwood canyon the rain has brought a lot of green down in the canyon. I stopped for a bit at the Grizzly creek rest area and it was kind of a little paradise down in the canyon with the creeks running higher and the sounds of rushing water and birds singing all around.

Attachments

• wet weather 7.jpg
    wet weather 7.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread