Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, thought this thread was about LDM. I believe i can put somebody within 50 yards of the LDM. Born and raised in AZ now living in Reno, NV. Does not do much good now as the land classification keeps
keeps anyone from benefiting. johnnysau

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny, thought this thread was about LDM. I believe i can put somebody within 50 yards of the LDM. Born and raised in AZ now living in Reno, NV. Does not do much good now as the land classification keeps
keeps anyone from benefiting. johnnysau

I can put you within 75-meters of Bigfoot Johnny! I'll call you! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• oldpros.jpg
    oldpros.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 127
  • Joy Walk 046.jpg
    Joy Walk 046.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 135
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pain, lot's of pain. I haven't been out to my area in a year and a half, due to my back problem. Felt good today so I went out there. Now I have leg cramps and my feet are burning. I love going out there and can't wait to do it again. What J. W. Called first and second water are running, not a whole lot, but both springs are flowing.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very quiet. I'm sure everyone is out on these beautiful days looking for the LDM and other treasures. Be safe and watch out for rattlesnakes. I hope you all come back with pictures and good stories.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe that year and a half off from going into the mountains has helped my back. Keep feeling better, went out again a couple of weeks ago. I know that I found the covered mine the way Clay tells it and the filled in pit mine on top of the small ridge next to the hill, you can see it there. Three maps show that they're there 1 is the Holmes map. Now I'm looking for the caches and the mine that the Mexicans had hiding in the bushes. The canyon that I'm in is very thick with brush. Must be careful, if it is there, I might not see it and fall in. Found unknown foundation near head of canyon and a pile of stones that go into the ground, man made at the mouth of the canyon. Soft ground, thought maybe grave of the Mexicans Waltz killed, didn't dig it up. But after I left I thought maybe a cache might be buried there. Now I wish that I pulled the rocks out. Maybe next time, as long as my back holds up.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Maybe that year and a half off from going into the mountains has helped my back. Keep feeling better, went out again a couple of weeks ago. I know that I found the covered mine the way Clay tells it and the filled in pit mine on top of the small ridge next to the hill, you can see it there. Three maps show that they're there 1 is the Holmes map. Now I'm looking for the caches and the mine that the Mexicans had hiding in the bushes. The canyon that I'm in is very thick with brush. Must be careful, if it is there, I might not see it and fall in. Found unknown foundation near head of canyon and a pile of stones that go into the ground, man made at the mouth of the canyon. Soft ground, thought maybe grave of the Mexicans Waltz killed, didn't dig it up. But after I left I thought maybe a cache might be buried there. Now I wish that I pulled the rocks out. Maybe next time, as long as my back holds up.

Marius,

Pictures????

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty sure that no one has looked in my area but no pictures, I'm afraid that someone would recognise it. If I find the bush covered mine, I will take pictures of the entrance and what's inside. I'm very paranoid, I trust no one. I look around to make sure that I'm not being followed. I even put fake areas in my phone in case I get hacked.

Last edited:

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Joe

The post was not mine . I hope you are well .

Good luck too

Sorry Marius,

I have been a little out of sorts lately. Thanks for asking, I'm feeling a lot better. Had a 95% blockage of the large artery in my heart. Got a stint put in Saturday and came home Sunday. Big difference!

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Marius,

I have been a little out of sorts lately. Thanks for asking, I'm feeling a lot better. Had a 95% blockage of the large artery in my heart. Got a stint put in Saturday and came home Sunday. Big difference!

Take care,

Joe

I wish you quick recovery !

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ledge of Gold

Attachments

• J Waltz Gold.PNG
    J Waltz Gold.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 152

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
I'm neither a prospector or miner, so maybe someone can enlighten me as to exactly what gives away these blurred photos as anything more than rocks and brush?

paul...dont feel bad...i've been mining for 35 years and i have no idea what is supposed to be in that pic

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
paul...dont feel bad...i've been mining for 35 years and i have no idea what is supposed to be in that pic

That makes me feel better! I honestly wasn't trying to come across as a "dick" in my question. I often see posts here of rocks, brush, google images, photographs with descriptions that for the life of me I just can't see. Most of the time I think it's just people seeing what they want to, but every now and then since there are so many of them being posted I feel like I HAVE to be the only one missing what I'm supposed to be seeing.

By the way - there was a specimen posted on another thread that Carrol had found on his dad's claim area that had multi-colored minerals in it. If I can find it again, I'd like to ask what some of those are? It was a unique looking rock that's for sure. I remember reading once about something called Peacock Ore and when I saw it that's the first thing that popped into my head.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
That makes me feel better! I honestly wasn't trying to come across as a "dick" in my question. I often see posts here of rocks, brush, google images, photographs with descriptions that for the life of me I just can't see. Most of the time I think it's just people seeing what they want to, but every now and then since there are so many of them being posted I feel like I HAVE to be the only one missing what I'm supposed to be seeing.

By the way - there was a specimen posted on another thread that Carrol had found on his dad's claim area that had multi-colored minerals in it. If I can find it again, I'd like to ask what some of those are? It was a unique looking rock that's for sure. I remember reading once about something called Peacock Ore and when I saw it that's the first thing that popped into my head.

you are correct...

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only reason it seems fuzzy is the pics are a small crop of very large pics taken from a distance (across Rogers canyon), both are of the exact same ledge, 90 degrees from each other. The ledge is in an undercut on a vertical wall (Cliff) with brush over the top of it. Did you look close? Click on photo to get large version not the thumbnail(site only displays it at 55%). However it is a very large vein of gold, that I believe you can not find anything that compares to it anywhere on earth. Look at the word ON with the O above the N, in the second photo, that is a gold telluride vein. The ledge runs a unknown way back inside and if you look you will see lots more back behind the ON.

Here is the best info I can provide to you on what those pics are beyond rocks and brush. (just remember they are using the super group as an example)
gold veins.png

http://sp.lyellcollection.org/content/393/1/213

Last edited:

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it is the mine from the Jesuit painting from Japan that Ted DeGrazia had. Is it the Lost Dutchman? It could be by the description given of a gold ledge but need further proof that connects Waltz to it. That particular portion of the open mining is a small area of the diggings along a fault line. However knowing that it will be almost impossible to come close to the electrum of that vein I feel that is the ledge described as the "richest in the world". Locating that mine I had to use the cinder cone on Iron Mountain to find it.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread