Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope to go out to my area in the mountains soon. Due to my bad back I haven't been out for 9 months. Looking for cache, have an idea of approximately where they are but not pin point. Will also try to find the covered unfinished tunnel that was on the side of the mountain, that pointed to the base of Waltzs pit mine. He. Made a rock wall and maybe covered it with dirt. They had to make everything hard to find. It was covered so no one could see it from below.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FRENCHY,
So glad to hear from you again. I value everyone's opinion I may not always agree but I always listen. I won't die I have been to my area many times and I don't have to go any further. You need to use the Holmes directions to goto the area of the 3 trees, caves, water, horses head, mountain peak, and both the mines that Waltz talked about. I even found where he dug out the vain of gold, 400 feet down ridge bellow the mine that he filled with stones.Thank you for you concern, I go prepared.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earnie, what did the Dutcman have to say ?

Don't I wish I knew!

Although even with a digital recording of his original words, I'd probably do about as well as Julia. But I suspect some of you Superstition trackers and tracers, and hot desert pacers could possibly walk right to it.

Once I was telling a buddy about a place I'd camped in the Gila, kind of quick and not very detailed because I didn't think he'd know where I was talking about. He said, oh yeah, I know where you camped, I've camped there myself. Then he filled in some details which proved to me he knew exactly where I had been.
He understood, because he'd been there. Wouldn't have meant much to someone who hadn't.

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to post a list of LDM 'clues' that I had in an old file, but it turned out to be copyrighted material from an old article by Lon Safko. So I'll just post the name of the online article for those interested.

'The Right Time, The Right Place' The Secret of the Lost Dutchman Mine by Lon S. Safko

Article starts on page 13, scroll down to page 21 if you just want the list of clues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ErnieP,
I know what you mean, give out enough and someone figures out what your talking about. I am so paranoid that I couldn't tell enough information even if I wanted to. No one will ever find my area because everyone complicates things. They have to get off their horses and leave the trail. Keep it simple.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ErnieP,
I know what you mean, give out enough and someone figures out what your talking about. I am so paranoid that I couldn't tell enough information even if I wanted to. No one will ever find my area because everyone complicates things. They have to get off their horses and leave the trail. Keep it simple.

I didn't mind giving out the list of clues, but found out they were part of a copyrighted article so thought better of it.
Unfortunately, I have no 'special' spot of my own to divulge.
I have come to my own amateur conclusions of course, but nothing that others haven't thought of, and mined out, many decades ago.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EarnyP,
Everyone is an amateur until something definite is posted about the LDM. I post claims, but until I can post something substantial and I won't, at least not now. I too am an amateur. Keep trying find the LDM, someone will find it.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I joined Tnet in July 2015, there have been a number of people posting that they or a relative had found the LDM and that they needed help to get it .They wanted any treasure hunter to contact them. My PERSONAL opinion, it was a scam to get money from a t-hunter. Just my opinion. Has anyone ever contacted them , if you did what did they say?

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I joined Tnet in July 2015, there have been a number of people posting that they or a relative had found the LDM and that they needed help to get it .They wanted any treasure hunter to contact them. My PERSONAL opinion, it was a scam to get money from a t-hunter. Just my opinion. Has anyone ever contacted them , if you did what did they say?

I've been contacted before. Usually, they simply want to be believed or need a bird dog to continue their hunt. I've never been asked for money just my time. My feelings about the LDM is that it's not that far into the range and near water. No one will ever find it because the dutchman hid it so well. Now if the Pit Mine were the Dutchman which it looks as though it may have been, then it's already been found and it's useless for anyone to be looking. For verification I would need to go to the Pit Mine and see whats near by surrounding the trails up to the Pit mine and verify it was a true Spanish Mine and not some modern day anglo workings. If indeed it was Spanish, the signs and symbols would be present pretty much right up to the mine itself. Of course there would be some sort of artifacts in the nearby two room house that a metal detector would probably pick up. I may even find one of the bullets that went through one of the Mexicans that old Jacob shot. Or possibly some of their tools. Either way it may be a fun trip to see if it's truly a Spanish monumented gold mine.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill,
I keep saying that someone will find it, but I really doubt it. I keep saying that everyone makes it more difficult than what it is. They put miles between each clue, or add things to fit their areas. I really don't want to get into a discussion about the pit mine here because there is a good thread about the pit. But since I've claimed to have found the area, I am torn between proving I am right and wanting everyone believing the pit is the LDM and going away. Poteach had a little disagreement with a moderator.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want this thread to be just about me. So come on tell us what you think you have found, don't tell us your area, that's your secret. Just trying to get a conversation going. I personally like hearing stories of the LDM and the searches for it.

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a vertical shaft up under a ledge it will never be found but on accident .
I will always believe it was stashed high grade dumped in a ditch covered up .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill

First , I want to express my condolences for your loss . I wish God to protect all the children on the Earth .

Second , you wrote : "... My feelings about the LDM is that it's not that far into the range and near water. "

IMO , the LDM is at last 6 miles
( on trails ) from the closest trailhead , about 300 feet from an old and little used trail and about 700 feet from water .

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
H-2 CHARLIE,
Waltz had been seen in the Superstition Mountains a number of times, to me it would be a whole lot of trouble to hide high grade gold there. The mines are real , but it's possible that his gold was already dug up by the Peraltas and hid what he could. The clues to the mines are mixed together with the clues to the caches.
Real,
I have to agree with you. But until I get to read the new Version of Jack's book I don't want to get into the pit. Just started to read the 2008 version, if you want to ask about the 3 red hills clue and the direction that is given to the pit, on the other tread.

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I don't want this thread to be just about me. So come on tell us what you think you have found, don't tell us your area, that's your secret. Just trying to get a conversation going. I personally like hearing stories of the LDM and the searches for it.

Perhaps if you were to describe it, exactly what you think will be found, the conversation would build. Years into it, I couldn't describe it with any certainty.
And yes, stories about it are great.
My favorites include Julia. In fact, it could be argued that she was indeed a prophetess, and that a branch of her strange religion continues today in the cult of DLM hunters.
You would have to step pretty far back to see yourself that way.

So, describe it.

View attachment 1297622
I am thinking of setting up a table at the base of Weaver's and selling these.

Last edited:

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...it could be argued that she(Julia) was indeed a prophetess, and that a branch of her strange religion continues today in the cult of DLM hunters."

I hope there's no tithe involved, although in many ways (time, effort, money) there certainly has been.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread