Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate my back. I was planning to go out to my area this weekend but my back is killing me, I haven't gone out to the LDM in over 8 months. Trying to find the caches. I use to hike 13 miles round trip with drinking very little water, like a camel. Now I have trouble going out my front door without pulling my back. Oh well, I'll try to get out there soon, the LDM is not going anywhere. Got to keep trying, even if I have to crawl.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Try this for your back. Soak in a hot tub, as hot as you can stand it. When it gets close to lukewarm, get out dry off and lie down on the floor hopefully with a rug on it. Prop you knees up until the small of your back is flat on the floor. Lay there for 20 mins. You are letting your back muscles cool down with your back totally flat on the floor. Not an instant cure but it gets better night by night. The muscles can pull so hard to keep you from hurting that they cause even more pain to you.

captain1965

Apr 12, 2015
Mesa
Detector(s) used
fisher gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try this for your back. Soak in a hot tub, as hot as you can stand it. When it gets close to lukewarm, get out dry off and lie down on the floor hopefully with a rug on it. Prop you knees up until the small of your back is flat on the floor. Lay there for 20 mins. You are letting your back muscles cool down with your back totally flat on the floor. Not an instant cure but it gets better night by night. The muscles can pull so hard to keep you from hurting that they cause even more pain to you.

Been doing that stretch every day for the last 4 years with remarkable success. I used to walk hunched over but now I'm standing tall and experience about 5% of the pain. My trips into the mountains used to require a couple of days to recover. Now I can make multiple trips back to back.

Great advice!

Jon

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I learned that little trick when I "blew out" my back. 4 weeks bed rest at home, one week in the hospital with just a Cortazone(?) shot and 4 weeks therapy, with walks daily getting longer and longer, wearing "Hush Puppies" to absorb the shock of the heel hitting the ground. Took 7 years to get back to 98%.

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
after finding la barge map there on the rocks ,this was a happy day the canyon just makes what I am doing fun.

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are the reals clues to the LDM,
just follows the map, there are reals, just need more thinking, 2 + 5 = 7, 1 - 0 = 1, pie, 3.1415 = 2016- 1891 = :icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:starting to get lost here, just like Holmes.

View attachment 1304278

frenchy

Last edited:

Ponchosportal

Nov 19, 2004
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frenchy,
Good to hear from you again, everyone's opinion counts.

Ponchosportal,
I have heard that story before, nice story for a book.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461882339.354946.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461882352.870054.jpg

2 photos from a friend

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still gotta climb up for a closer look at this though.....

View attachment lightning strike vein cr.bmp

... maybe get a couple of samples to bring to the next Rendezvous.

Bottom center, you can see where it changes to mostly quartz, and there's a small mine down a little bit further that I've previosly posted a few photos of.

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've seen those before. I believe both are on Google Image. The one on the right is the same rock vein material that I posted with the drill holes in it. Which makes me even more excited about excavating the site. The other site of the drill holes is near a ranch and may not be accessable anymore.

Nice images just the same.

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Just examples of what many think the LDM would look like.
I still like this piece that I'm holding
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461940320.265280.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1461940345.975254.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread