Raise your hand if you have found the Lost Dutchman Mine.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YOU NEVER KNOW

This past March I went on a 4 day hike out in Superstitions. I wanted to check out some areas where I think the mine could be. I forgot my walking stick back in Houston and was trying to find one on a Sunday night but had no luck. On Monday morning we went to the Museum after calling them to make sure they had some. While there I remembered the new book I wanted to get. Treasure tales of the Superstitions. I asked the lady at the counter about it, but she didn`t know. I looked for a while then I found it. Then I realized that the reason I couldn`t find a stick elsewhere was that I was supposed to come to the museum to find this book. On the way out to the trailhead my wife was reading parts of the book out loud to me, until she got tired and needed to pay attention to the way we were driving so she could pick me up on Thursday. Anyway I made it to my stash of supplies that I had left more than a year earlier. I knew right away that someone had found it, because it was all scattered and looked like they shot it up with buckshot. Then I looked closer and could see that it was chewed up by animals, probably a mountain lion by the size of the holes in the ripped open can of sausage. The next day I checked out one area but didn`t find anything. That night I had to sleep on the steep slope of the mountain because I ran out of daylight before I could find a flat spot up higher. Next day I made it to the top side of a big water tank that was hemmed in by rock walls all around. I`m guessing the water lasts there a long time because the sun cant get to it. I was going to go down in it to see if I could find some gold down in the gravel at the bottom, but it was steeper than I thought. One would need a rope to climb back up. By now I was pretty much done hiking, I was tired and sore, and I still had to work my way back to the rendezvous with my wife. I continued climbing over the mountain and stopped to take a break and shoot some pictures. Across the canyon I saw what looked like a big face on the wall, with half moon eyes and a long straight nose something like the skull from the Punisher movie. I was looking east towards the area where I think the mine is located. I took photo`s and scanned the side of the ravine where I think the mine could be with the binoculars and noticed this big square rock structure. It looked like a corner of a Conex or building sticking out of the slope with one long edge exposed, it looked all square and plumb. I continued on to find white quartz laying about and was wondering how this stuff got here. Must have got squeezed up through the cracks of the ground when it was hot liquid long ago. On the way down the other side I found a small cave that I almost was going to spend the night in. Someone was there long ago. There were remains of a campfire and snake bones. Anyway, after we made it out of there and I had a chance to go over the book, I was reading about the clues and had that "Oh my God, I saw that" moment. So for now it`s inconclusive for me and I want to go back directly to that spot. I lost my camera in Glamus California when we were riding the dunes in the dunebuggy so I don`t have any photo`s to share. Until next time, take care. Chuck

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you seen my video not good need practice as I enter the valley that has a huge vain for miles more videos on utub under Thomas Clark lost Dutchman next week I have to camp on other pass near the other vain as I dig for a stack of gold bars 4 ft high and 6 ft long then I am good right the few that talk to me I will give location of workable mines

I saw the video Torie, was that you and your dog? Careful, you'll be changing his name to 'Snakebite'. Keep your locations a secret, don't need a traffic jam out there.
Thanks for the videos.

Last edited:

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dog has been climbing all his life trained to help me from cactus snakes and places not safe and to find the safe way up as in the words he knows and loves best up and go and mountain he is half trickery I am apache so I do not say the word he is half of so trickery will not get me same as the big brown things that like sweet things and berries

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To day I will have video of what we see when looking through the arch and then go there for the first time things get distorted up there that is why the arch and triangle

torie517

Jul 11, 2015
big heart mountain
Detector(s) used
Do not
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To day I will have video of what we see when looking through the arch and then go there for the first time things get distorted up there that is why the arch and triangle so one video of arch and then one of my dog he will at all times watch me like a shadow and then if I have time will start to explain what did happen here with the Apache and peralta and a great missing name in history some ones father from 1840 the Apache do not talk of there dead but the rock carvings talk

EarnieP

Jul 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dog has been climbing all his life trained to help me from cactus snakes and places not safe and to find the safe way up as in the words he knows and loves best up and go and mountain he is half trickery I am apache so I do not say the word he is half of so trickery will not get me same as the big brown things that like sweet things and berries

I see there is now a snakebite vaccine for dogs, Western Diamondback specific.
Suppose to really help, but of course you would still need to get medical help for a bitten dog. They say the vaccine is about $20 plus $45 for the vet visit (a booster shot is also needed), as apposed to around $900 per vile for the anti-venom.

http://www.redrockbiologics.com/rattlesnake_vaccine_faq.php

Last edited:

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well joe, what's the condition of my steak ??? And speaking of coffee ????

Tramp,

I think he used that steak for his bruises long ago...he may still have it under his pillow or under his cup of coffee on the night stand..it takes a while for fine steak to arm-pit-age and be tenderized by bodily fluids...try him at the end of summer after it grows some more mold and matches the consistency of his Coffee!

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Arizona, California, Alaska, Oregon, Florida, Loui
Detector(s) used
Garret Pin pointer pro AT. "Other" methods.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anyone have any ore from the "LDM" ?? If so...lets take it to a friend and have him run the ore through a machine that computer anylize it and compares it against a geographical table of soil samples of Arizona. Then pin the location down with an atomic fingerprint and be done. If there is such a real sample.

OP
OP
N

nobodie

Jul 17, 2015
Phx. A.Z.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only read about the match box and cufflinks, nothing about any ore from the LDM still around.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Does anyone have any ore from the "LDM" ?? If so...lets take it to a friend and have him run the ore through a machine that computer anylize it and compares it against a geographical table of soil samples of Arizona. Then pin the location down with an atomic fingerprint and be done. If there is such a real sample.

that has been tried before ...results were inconclusive...i don't think you can pinpoint where a particular ore came from

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real

My well-advised to you, is try a little bit to cut on the coffee:coffee2:, because after a certain time you will become dependent,... i tell you why...
evrery day i was coming out to work, there was that guy on the corner everyday at the same time, sharp, like he had a clock on him, but no soap and no rasor,
it went like that, man,man,man, do you have 25 cents for a coffee,
chicklin, $0.25 in the bank,
next day, again ,
the same guy, same corner, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents for a coffee,
chicklin, $0.25 cents,
the day after,
the same guy, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents,
again, chicklin in the bank,
it went like that for a couples of weeks, this guy was getting on my mind every morning, so,
one day i got feed-up, an i was waiting for the guy then he went, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents,
i did answer, i found the solutions to your problem, man,
stop the f......... coffee, you are getting to f........., nervous
if you stop the f........ coffe you will not need anymore $0.25 cents,??????:icon_scratch:???

this is a joke real,
but still cut it to 2 coffee a day, of course in your old timer day that was probably a $ 0.1/2 a penny, for $0.25 cents in my time, and today is almos $2.00,
try a petite champagne cognac, eau de vie, a good ( Napoleon ), one once a day, one hour before you go to bed,
have a nice day, J. C.
then in 2075 you may be still arround, :dontknow:

frenchy

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Real

My well-advised to you, is try a little bit to cut on the coffee:coffee2:, because after a certain time you will become dependent,... i tell you why...
evrery day i was coming out to work, there was that guy on the corner everyday at the same time, sharp, like he had a clock on him, but no soap and no rasor,
it went like that, man,man,man, do you have 25 cents for a coffee,
chicklin, $0.25 in the bank,
next day, again ,
the same guy, same corner, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents for a coffee,
chicklin, $0.25 cents,
the day after,
the same guy, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents,
again, chicklin in the bank,
it went like that for a couples of weeks, this guy was getting on my mind every morning, so,
one day i got feed-up, an i was waiting for the guy then he went, man,man,man, do you have $0.25 cents,
i did answer, i found the solutions to your problem, man,
stop the f......... coffee, you are getting to f........., nervous
if you stop the f........ coffe you will not need anymore $0.25 cents,??????:icon_scratch:???

this is a joke real,
but still cut it to 2 coffee a day, of course in your old timer day that was probably a $ 0.1/2 a penny, for $0.25 cents in my time, and today is almos $2.00,
try a petite champagne cognac, eau de vie, a good ( Napoleon ), one once a day, one hour before you go to bed,
have a nice day, J. C.
then in 2075 you may be still arround, :dontknow:

frenchy

Lol what the :dontknow:! Where did that come from lmao...what does that have to do with the LDM frenchy?

4Strokes1Pick&Poke

May 3, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
that has been tried before ...results were inconclusive...i don't think you can pinpoint where a particular ore came from[/Q
Yeah you can, you can get down to the square mile. Plus with all the geodat reports, minedat.org, BLM water samples, state and federal soil samples they have a forensic atomic ID that can pinpoint a heck of a lot closer than you would think. Sure it takes a little work on your own and a few more field samples but you can narrow it down pretty fast. I bet with a actual piece of ore from the mine I could put together a team and:
1, figure out if the ore sample was from another area or debunk the sample.
2, If it came from a active mine ever logged into minedat.ord and what mine.
3, locate the mine

Problem is no one wants to give their sample away because they know it's bunk ore or they don't want the sample to be ruined because they think it's real. It's only logical to take the sample and get the fingerprint off it and match it sample by sample if needed to the right location. Even with environmental erosion, chemical weathering or soil pollution factors you can still backtrack the sample. Once you get close you can eyeball the area and start combing the area. I don't think anyone has a real sample and if there were any samples they are long gone and died out with a hoarder or dumped.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
that has been tried before ...results were inconclusive...i don't think you can pinpoint where a particular ore came from[/Q
Yeah you can, you can get down to the square mile. Plus with all the geodat reports, minedat.org, BLM water samples, state and federal soil samples they have a forensic atomic ID that can pinpoint a heck of a lot closer than you would think. Sure it takes a little work on your own and a few more field samples but you can narrow it down pretty fast. I bet with a actual piece of ore from the mine I could put together a team and:
1, figure out if the ore sample was from another area or debunk the sample.
2, If it came from a active mine ever logged into minedat.ord and what mine.
3, locate the mine

Problem is no one wants to give their sample away because they know it's bunk ore or they don't want the sample to be ruined because they think it's real. It's only logical to take the sample and get the fingerprint off it and match it sample by sample if needed to the right location. Even with environmental erosion, chemical weathering or soil pollution factors you can still backtrack the sample. Once you get close you can eyeball the area and start combing the area. I don't think anyone has a real sample and if there were any samples they are long gone and died out with a hoarder or dumped.

lol...you are a little behind the times here..there are known samples and they have been tested...i should know as i have seen them....like i said..it didnt do any good.....i've had this discussion with others on here before...you can't pinpoint where an ore sample came from...no matter what anyone tells you ....i've been an assayer for years......i know a few sharp guys that can make an educated guess but with only about 60% accuracy...and as far as mindat goes they only have the bigger mines on file...thousands on smaller mines are not in their database...but if you really want to prove it to yourself do some digging and you will find someone with a sample of dutchman ore...go have it tested and let us know how it goes

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok Cactus yer off of the hook urp,, hanks anyway.:censored: thanks to Bill's ability to explain things clearly.

but I still want :coffee2::coffee2:

Throw your coffee away. This will make you live too 130!

Or at least you'll feel like you'll live forever until you collapse in a few months!

And just because someone may ask... Jacob used to drink Coca Cola with cocaine for his trips into the Superstitons the only energy drink available at the time. That's why he would kill evey man in sight!

He was a jonesing for his Coke! That's also why no one could understand his directions. Ever try and listen to a crack addict explain directions?

View attachment 1314921

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill, another thing, I have eggs every morning in one form or another. :laughing7: actually I only have one or two cups a day, then just sip it while I am at the computer - which is almost all day , nothing else to do but remember sigh. It has been a good run .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread