Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. This truck that I found recently isn’t anything special, but I was surprised when a search of Treasurenet for “Ralstoy” didn’t turn up any results. So, I thought a brief post was in order so that when someone finds one in the future and searches they’ll find this thread.

(Not much more to add about the item itself; I’m not really a toy guy, but if you want to share knowledge about this item please do!)

Brian.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1620152114.737677.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1620152124.813988.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1620152130.495415.jpg

Upvote 9

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
love the toys and haven't run across that one, thanks

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wasn't familiar with Ralstoy, so I looked up the history:

Ralstoy was founded by Dr. Felix Despecher in Nebraska. He was also a former major of the town of Ralston, Nebraska and established the brand name based on the town name. They used molds and dies obtained from Best Toy Co of Manhattan, Kansas and the Kansas Toy Co of Clifton, Kansas.

During WWII, they chnaged over to making wooden toys and then after the war ended began making deicast models.

In the 1970s, Ralstoy began specializing in promotional models for moving companies. Around this same time the company changed its name to Ralston Toy & Novelty Co.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions