Ran 10K to escape a stampede! Ring pic added!

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
At the silver farm this morning, there could have been many story lines. My first good find was a 45 Merc and 43S war nickel in the same hole; this came early, eliminating the silver suspense. I added two clad quarters, putting me well on the way to a dollar. The next big find was a class ring, Penn Hills High School, class of 71. I think it's a girl's ring, unless they had some very slender fingered boys ;D. After that, I got a nice deep silver quarter signal and called my daughter over to share the joy. Well, it wasn't silver, but three wheats and two buffaloes stuck together. I'll update later with dates on the wheats if they're any good. The Buffs are 25 and 35. Okay, it's already a great day, when near the end of the hunt I find a 43 Washington, 43 Merc and 62D Rosey as part of the same drop. I haven't had this much fun for a long time; most of my hunts require lots of persistence to find the good stuff. Today, they just kept coming. I'm going to try and track down the owner of the ring, and I'll post any success in that regard.

Attachments

• whataday (2).jpg
    whataday (2).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 770
  • phring (2).jpg
    phring (2).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Ran 10K to escape a stampede!

halfdime said:
Nana40 said:
:o WoW! Congrats on alll those finds!! :o I told you those kids are your good luck! ;D

No pic of the ring? ???

Nana ;)
I knew there would be requests for ring pictures :-[. I occasionally have to explain that I have difficulty posting pictures because I don't have the premium features required to size the pictures for this website. A number of you have offered advice, and I've tried, but it doesn't happen for me. I've had others take pictures and email them to me; for some reason, that works. I'll work at getting a picture of this ring, believe me.
I figured out how to do a picture! It's added to the original post.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Hey, you found lots of Silver and Gold too, what a bonus.

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Nice Henry...

Any inscriptions...???

Gold I presume...???

The INTERNATIONAL GOLD AND SILVER FARM... ;) :D ;D

Man O Man...SWEET...

Nick
There are initials inscribed on the inside; I've already made contact with the school district, hoping that someone there can help. The 10K in the title was supposed to indicate gold, but it may have been too obscure of a reference ;D.

titan

Jun 29, 2007
northwest tn.
Detector(s) used
MXT

Mirage said:
Nice! Looks like it's back to even on the merc/rosie count.

Good deal to get two Buffs with dates. :)

Bob
great finds i've gotten several bufs. but none with dates!! ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

halfdime said:
halfdime said:
Nana40 said:
:o WoW! Congrats on alll those finds!! :o I told you those kids are your good luck! ;D

No pic of the ring? ???

Nana ;)
I knew there would be requests for ring pictures :-[. I occasionally have to explain that I have difficulty posting pictures because I don't have the premium features required to size the pictures for this website. A number of you have offered advice, and I've tried, but it doesn't happen for me. I've had others take pictures and email them to me; for some reason, that works. I'll work at getting a picture of this ring, believe me.

Yea! Now you know we'll expect them! ;D

GREAT ring!! Hope ya find the owner! Let us know.. :)

Nana ;)

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Nana40 said:
halfdime said:
halfdime said:
Nana40 said:

No pic of the ring? ???

Nana ;)

Yea! Now you know we'll expect them! ;D

GREAT ring!! Hope ya find the owner! Let us know.. :)

Nana ;)
Two days and no response so far.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread