Random Chance and Empty Holes

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
Well AF…All I can say is that I have not had that experience…I have saw where others have found this to be true. I have even saw where treasure hunters who do not dowse have found this to be true also. Is this what you guys are talking about when you mention empty holes?....Art
So you're willing to sit there and say that your dowsing is flawless and you are the best dowser in all the world?

Because other dowsers have reported digging empty holes, but you say you don't. So your dowsing is 100% accurate, 100% of the time, right?

Well, you must know more about dowsing that any person on the face of the Earth, Art. Congratulations!

So, tell us how it works....

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
So you're willing to sit there and say that your dowsing is flawless and you are the best dowser in all the world?

Where did I say that?

Because other dowsers have reported digging empty holes, but you say you don't. So your dowsing is 100% accurate, 100% of the time, right?

I have reported a few times that I have failed. If your meaning of an empty hole is one that still has traces of an object that some one removed before I got there the answer is I have not.
So, tell us how it works....

I have been telling you how dowsing works for years….Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
An empty hole does not contain what you were searching for, Art. It's simple. Why do you have to demand an explanation three times to understand something so simple?

So are you now saying that you do dig empty holes?

Should I define that for you?

Have you ever dug a hole that did not contain what you thought it might, or contained nothing at all?

An EMPTY HOLE...... ???

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Have you ever dug a hole that did not contain what you thought it might, or contained nothing at all?

An EMPTY HOLE......

Thank You AF….It took 23 posts to finally answer a question…Now would you please tell us what your definition of Random Chance is….Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

An EMPTY HOLE......

Thank You AF….It took 23 posts to finally answer a question…Now would you please tell us what your definition of Random Chance is….Art
If it truly took 23 posts for you to grasp what was meant by "empty hole," then we would shut T'Net's server down trying to explain random chance to you, Art.

If it truly took 23 posts for you to comprehend the words "empty" and "hole" in the same breath, then we should probably explain left and right before we move any further.

If it truly took 23 posts from you to glean the meaning behind "empty hole," then it would behoove us to start you off with addition and subtraction before we jump onto random chance.

Do you get my point?

Should I post this 22 more times before you get it, Art?

If you need to have the words "empty hole" explained to you, then you need more help than we can possibly provide, and even attempting to explain something like random chance to you would be an exercise in futility.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
How about Empty Holes. …What does this mean in the context of Dowsing…Art

Hey AF…Thanks for the input on empty holes. I just wanted to know why you guys wanted to talk about them all the time.
The meaning of random chance has not been explained to me. One of the few places I can find where they are used together is on this forum. I started to wonder if I knew what they meant. When I looked the words up I decided that they had nothing to do with anything. So keep making up things and I will keep putting the facts on this forum….Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
How about Empty Holes. …What does this mean in the context of Dowsing…Art

Hey AF…Thanks for the input on empty holes. I just wanted to know why you guys wanted to talk about them all the time.
The meaning of random chance has not been explained to me. One of the few places I can find where they are used together is on this forum. I started to wonder if I knew what they meant. When I looked the words up I decided that they had nothing to do with anything. So keep making up things and I will keep putting the facts on this forum….Art
My last word on the subject, Art.

When I find something I'm curious about, I research it. If I can find nothing on the subject, I ask someone who should have that knowledge.

When I type the words "random chance" into Yahoo, it gives me over 51 million hits. Google gave over 41 million.

Granted, not all of these hits are going to give you an exact definition, but many do.

For you to say you can find it referred to in only a few places is foolish and lazy.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used

When I find something I'm curious about, I research it. If I can find nothing on the subject, I ask someone who should have that knowledge.

When I type the words "random chance" into Yahoo, it gives me over 51 million hits. Google gave over 41 million.

Granted, not all of these hits are going to give you an exact definition, but many do.

For you to say you can find it referred to in only a few places is foolish and lazy

Right on AF…Did you notice how many definitions were there. The one about fraud and random chance was a good read. To get a definition you will have to find one of those things they call books…Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:

For you to say you can find it referred to in only a few places is foolish and lazy

Right on AF…Did you notice how many definitions were there. The one about fraud and random chance was a good read. To get a definition you will have to find one of those things they call books…Art
So go buy a book, Art. Or go to the library and borrow one. Or, take a college course on the subject.

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
So go buy a book, Art. Or go to the library and borrow one. Or, take a college course on the subject.

I have a book. It is called a dictionary...Art

Ascholten

Jul 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT
Some people are lazy and it's just easier for them to say, prove it to me, i don't want to do any research, i want you to give me everything i need.... but ive been over that before, which is why I don't reply to some of the mental midgets on this board.

It was also brought up as to why someone would dig a questionable signal, and said, oh i'd never dig a signal like that.... Hate to say it but I bet you lost a lot of stuff that way.

Sometimes if you are in an area that someone else was in recently, you can get their 'halo' and you might dig it. If it was a coin, is it still as strong as the original one was... nope, not even close, BUT.... in mineralized ground, sometimes that in itself can play games with you, and a faint signal could be a deep item, or one partially standing on end. Some dig, some don't....

For those who relic hunt,... you know.. civil war and stuff like that.... they dig a LOT of ferrous signals, because some of those signals can be worth a hefty handfull of $$$ if they dig up a breastplate or something like that... or a part off something... now, if you got a questionable signal, would you dig.. what would you consider questionable?? most of the rh'ers DO dig even 'off' signals because when dealing with that stuff, there really are no rules, or rhymes or reason to how what will sound when.... Many a motto is to 'dig everything' because even the crap signals and BONG iron signals can turn out to be something really good.....you just never know...

Now again, some areas, specially in the spring time, weeds grow fast, dirt 'heals' itself quickly, so lets say someone dug something out two days ago, and was pretty neat about it, get a light rain that night.. the soil washes back over the hole to basically make it disappear. Now that iron will leech significantly into the soil, leave a big old splotch... I come by two days later and am getting a signal, I might very well dig....

I remember digging a big piece of crap iron, think it was a pipe or something out of the beach.. big huge rusty clot of crap... threw it into the trash. but for a few weeks afterwards at least... id still get signals when i swung the detector over that spot, I knew what was down there, and dug once just to see what the ground looked like, yep, still rust in the sand, hence my signal..

Halo's do exist, and people do dig them occasionally, hence leaving a hole....

and finally...by definition, ANY hole is empty. you took everything out of it to make the hole. Hole = empty.....if there was stuff in it then it would not be a hole, it'd be called "a pile" of what stuff was in it.. and if the pile happens to be water.. then it is more commonly referred to not as a pile but as 'a puddle'.... ;)

Aaron

OP
OP
aarthrj3811

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don't reply to some of the mental midgets on this board.

I know what you are talking about. I look for gold most of the time. I do not experience the same things that you do. These mental midgets have no idea about what a treasure hunter encounters. I dig what my rods tell me is there. Ninety percent of the time I use baited rods so there is no guess work involved.
I was out looking for Dinosaur bones the other day. I had never looked for these before so I was not on top of my game. I learned a lot that day and am looking forward to doing it again. When I got home I read an article on AOL that tells me that Science has been wrong about Dinosaurs. I will have to wait until a show called Dinosaur Autopsy comes on to get the real facts. I have enjoyed your post as how other dowsers perform in the field is very important to me. I want to learn as much as I can about dowsing…Art

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While dowsing, I have encountered Phantom signals, which could be called empty holes. It doesn't occur very often, but I've chased what were legitimate, sizable signal lines to empty ends. I have to believe that some accumulation of molecules from broken down ore or element, can create a signal strong enough worth investigating. No pot of gold in every hole..

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
I don't reply to some of the mental midgets on this board.

I know what you are talking about. I look for gold most of the time. I do not experience the same things that you do. These mental midgets have no idea about what a treasure hunter encounters. I dig what my rods tell me is there. Ninety percent of the time I use baited rods so there is no guess work involved.
I was out looking for Dinosaur bones the other day. I had never looked for these before so I was not on top of my game. I learned a lot that day and am looking forward to doing it again. When I got home I read an article on AOL that tells me that Science has been wrong about Dinosaurs. I will have to wait until a show called Dinosaur Autopsy comes on to get the real facts. I have enjoyed your post as how other dowsers perform in the field is very important to me. I want to learn as much as I can about dowsing…Art
I'm fairly certain Ascholten was referring to you with this comment, Art.

Is that correct, Aaron?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread