RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Don't know if any of the members dabble in the stock market or not. The market is going south today so I doubled down on some CVS shares.

Been playing the market on and off probably for 35 years. Got my butt hicked with wrong picks especially early on and less so now as I play mainly blue chips.

Like Warren Buffet says buy when there's blood in the streets in other words when it's tanking and everyone is giving the shares away. Sometimes it's easier said than done and you have to be a bit of a gambler to play it successfully.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I need something new to look at.
Anyone know of any corrupt people in positions of power that really shouldn't be in that line of work?
Pm me.
Here's an obscure fact about a very old saying.
Snitches get stitches didn't come from a no honor amongst Thieves kind of thing.
It came from corrupt peace keepers who expected their partner to look the other way!
Not that guy! He's a straight arrow. Totally Honorable!
The just can't tell a lie to save his own life kind of guy.
I hate this kind of corruption!
It destroyed my youth.
If you are corrupt and I find out! You're going to prison!
I care more about Honor than stitches!

BigCountry!.. For the eyes.

here-the10-foot-pole-im-not-touching-that-with-19554949.png

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

Don't know if any of the members dabble in the stock market or not. The market is going south today so I doubled down on some CVS shares.

Been playing the market on and off probably for 35 years. Got my butt hicked with wrong picks especially early on and less so now as I play mainly blue chips.

Like Warren Buffet says buy when there's blood in the streets in other words when it's tanking and everyone is giving the shares away. Sometimes it's easier said than done and you have to be a bit of a gambler to play it successfully.

Nope. I'm broke enough from making my own decisions on tangibles.
But this guy seems like he might be helpful...
business-commerce-investor-investment-investing-commentators-pundits-dcrn1223_low.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RC,

Thanks for the chuckles....I usually pick up a Barron's on my weekly outings downtown.

Back in December the did a 3 part year end wrap up and forecasts for the coming year for best stocks to buy.

Well they have a round table of about 10 of the supposed best professional stock pickers. On the wrap of of the 2018 results only 3 of the 10 managed to beat the S+P averages.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

That's why I don't take anything I hear or read as gospel always do your own due dilligence.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
RC,

Thanks for the chuckles....I usually pick up a Barron's on my weekly outings downtown.

Back in December the did a 3 part year end wrap up and forecasts for the coming year for best stocks to buy.

Well they have a round table of about 10 of the supposed best professional stock pickers. On the wrap of of the 2018 results only 3 of the 10 managed to beat the S+P averages.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

That's why I don't take anything I hear or read as gospel always do your own due dilligence.

I do read a little about it.
Mutual funds balanced nationally and internationally appeal. (I'm kind of a conservative chicken regarding risk ,an age thing maybe.)

quote-a-blindfolded-monkey-throwing-darts-at-a-newspaper-s-financial-pages-could-select-a-burton.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

On the menu tonight is a steak we probably only eat one about every 2 months now. Side dish will be some green beans in tomato sauce and some potato wedges done in the oven.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....turn my back and i'm 257 posts behind! [emoji15]

Now they are using cold laser to treat pain. $50. Per session, need an appt. and ins. doesn't cover it yet.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread