RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
my cannon ball after a soak in paraffin wax for a couple hours. It's working Tom.....thanks !! Nice look and patina with the wax !! I'll keep a close eye and maybe give it a second bath. We'll see.

-

Bart, is this after cooling out? If so, there is too much wax left because the massive shining. A thin layer is enough and looks much better :icon_thumright:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Only too suggestions on my guess what pic..... gosh. :BangHead:

OK, here it is. One of my middle kingdom vessels for eye paint in granite. 4000 years old. :icon_thumright:

IMG_6784.JPG IMG_6785.JPG

Last edited:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
my cannon ball after a soak in paraffin wax for a couple hours. It's working Tom.....thanks !! Nice look and patina with the wax !! I'll keep a close eye and maybe give it a second bath. We'll see.

-

Looked again at the pic and it seems it is still "wet" after cooking.

Please send a pic when it is cooled out Bart!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, I just was waiting for more clues. I was going to guess bud jar.... 67E1A0A0-1CCF-4D19-B7F8-4F369662605E.jpeg

but then you said it was ancient. Maybe you could repurpose? :dontknow:

Tom_Restorer

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, I just was waiting for more clues. I was going to guess bud jar.... View attachment 1690300

but then you said it was ancient. Maybe you could repurpose? :dontknow:

-

Sis, didn´t know that we give clues on the pics - sorry!! :notworthy:

Repurpose? I just got a nice modern set for eye paint (see below include result!) :laughing7: :icon_thumright:

About your attached pic: The most healthy stuff in the world! I´ve won!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

large_image_0.jpg Sister-Alma-Ursa-Minor-prof.jpg

Had to delete, censor and reupload the second pic LOL :laughing7: Didn´t recognized the drinking straw...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread